As part of Orlando Health’s ongoing commitment to be engaged and involved in communities throughout Central Florida – fulfilling our mission to improve the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities we serve – we are happy to offer competitive grants through the Orlando Health Community Grant Program to assist in coordinating, enriching and supporting efforts that help promote health and wellness in our communities.
These grants will serve to provide resources needed to fill a specific health- or wellness-related need impacting the families in our communities. The Orlando Health Community Grant Program will focus mostly on funding initiatives that align with the 2016 Community Health Needs Assessment, specifically initiatives that enhance access to care.
The Orlando Health Community Grant Program is one way Orlando Health invests back into our community, providing support for the important work being done in Central Florida. Please review the following information carefully before submitting an application.
The grant process for fiscal year 2017 is currently underway. Funding applications and supporting documentation must be received by March 15, 2017 and applicants will be notified by March 31, 2017 regarding the status of their application.
Questions or support inquiries can be directed to CommunityBenefit@orlandohealth.com
In addition to the application, the following documentation must be submitted with the application:
- Proof of 501(c)(3) status
- Current annual operating budget with income and expenses
- List of organization’s leadership, including board of directors (name, title and affiliation)
- Most recent audited financial statement (if there is no audit, explain why)
- Budget for program/project/event that funds are being requested for- detail project expenses and anticipated income sources
- Supporting materials (annual reports, brochures, fliers)
- Project Narrative (four page maximum): Narrative must include these points – please be clear and list by number in your application: (1) a one paragraph executive summary or abstract; (2) a brief description of the target population including age, race/ethnicity, gender, health status, health insurance status, socioeconomic status, and the location and the number of individuals you expect to impact; (3) an explanation of the community’s need and the way your work will fill that need; (4) describe how the program/project/event will be evaluated, including measurable outcomes; (5) anticipated result of the project/program/event; (6) describe the request for funding, include a detailed and itemized budget and time frame for the work (for in-kind contributions, list the exact request and explain how resources will be allocated); (6) list the communications plan for the program/project/event; (7) include whether there is an Orlando Health logo placement opportunity along with how Orlando Health support will be acknowledged; (8) list any applicable contribution levels and relative financials (e.g., Title Sponsor - $1,000, etc.); and (9) include a list of other participants providing financial and/or in-kind support, if applicable.
Note: Grant applications and supporting documentation for fiscal year 2017 must be received by March 15, 2017. Applicants will be notified by March 31, 2017 regarding the status of their application. Grantees are required to file a report summarizing their projects and the outcomes achieved at the close of the fiscal year for which support was given.
Community Grant Application
Please complete this form and email supporting documentation to CommunityBenefit@orlandohealth.com.