Orlando Health and our family of hospitals have received numerous awards and accolades recognizing our commitment to healthcare excellence. Listed below are just some of those awards from the most recent two years.
2016 Awards and Recognition
- Orlando Regional Medical Center Trauma Intensive Care Unit and Trauma Step-Down Unit both earn the silver-level Beacon Award for Excellence from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN).
- Orlando Regional Medical Center receives full accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care for its Atrial Fibrillation Program.
- Orlando Health received its second, consecutive overall 3-Star Rating from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons for providing excellent care to patients undergoing bypass surgery and lobectomy for lung cancer.
- The Orlando Health Heart Institute’s Pulmonary Hypertension Program receives accreditation as a Comprehensive Care Center from the Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA)’s accreditation program for Pulmonary Hypertension Care Centers. The institute’s program is second in the state and among the first 30 hospitals in nation to receive this accolade.
- Arnold Palmer Medical Center is again named one of the Best Children’s Hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report. Five specialties were included in the rankings.
- Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children earns Gold Award in the Get With The Guidelines – Resuscitation program from the American Heart Association.
2015 Awards and Recognition
- The Leapfrog Group names Orlando Health South Seminole Hospital and Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children top hospitals of 2015 for quality and safety standards.
- The Joint Commission, a nonprofit organization that certifies healthcare organizations and programs in the U.S., names Health Central Hospital – Orlando Health as a top performer.
- South Lake Hospital, in affiliation with Orlando Health, earns a 2015 Press Ganey Associates Inc. Guardian of Excellence award for outstanding performance in patient experience, ranking in the 95th percentile or above.
- The American Association of Critical Care Nurses confers a silver-level Beacon Award for Excellence on the Intensive Care Unit at Dr. Phillips Hospital.
- The Orlando Health Physicians Bariatric and Laparoscopy Center is accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP), identifying the program as a Center for Excellence in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery for both adults and adolescents.
- Orlando Regional Medical Center and Dr. P. Phillips Hospital are among a select group of hospitals nationwide recognized by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for achievement by conducting activities that promoted enrollment in state organ donor registries.
- The Society of Thoracic Surgeons awards Orlando Health a 3-star quality ranking, the highest mark available, for bypass surgery and lobectomy for lung cancer. Only 10 percent of hospitals receive a 3-star rating.
- Orlando Regional Medical Center and Dr. P. Phillips Hospital are recognized in Becker’s Hospital Review’s “50 of the Greenest Hospital in America” list, featuring hospitals that are leading the industry in sustainable innovation, ecofriendly design and green improvements.
- Orlando Health is once again selected as one of the 2015 Top 100 Companies for Working Families by the Orlando Sentinel. Orlando Health has ranked in the top 100 for 20 years.
- Orlando Health UF Health Cancer Center is one of only four cancer centers in the state of Florida, and the only cancer center in central Florida, to be recognized as a state-designated Cancer Center of Excellence by Gov. Rick Scott and the Florida Department of Health.
- A statewide partnership among Orlando Health, the University of Florida, University of Miami, Florida State University, healthcare systems, health plans, providers and patients is approved for a three-year, $7.9 million funding award by the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute, or PCORI, to support patient-centered health care research throughout Florida and the country.
- For the second year in a row, Collaborative Care of Florida, LLC — Orlando Health’s Accountable Care Organization (ACO) and the first hospital-based ACO in Florida — is among the top-performing Medicare ACOs that delivered both healthcare savings and exceptional quality to consumers, earning a quality score of 93 percent while saving $5.3 million in healthcare costs.