Help has arrived – and it’s coming right to you
A safe and private place for teen wellness, Teen Xpress is a mobile health unit that provides free medical and mental health care for at-risk youth in select locations throughout Orange County. A team of specialized healthcare professionals provide help to uninsured and at-risk adolescents who might otherwise go without treatment.
Adolescence is a pivotal, critical time in a child's development and is marked by many physical and emotional changes and challenges. Teen Xpress gives kids a safe and special medical home to turn to when faced with a variety of healthcare concerns.
The Teen Xpress Mobile Healthcare Unit
Locations We Serve:
Teen Xpress visits the following locations*:
- Evans High School
- Excel Alternative School
- Jones High School
- Memorial Middle School
- Covenant House, our community's homeless shelter for youth
*Locations subject to change during the summer months when school is not in session.
- Physical exams, such as annual check-ups
- Vision screenings and help finding dental care
- Mental health counseling for depression, stress, relationship problems, and much more
- Nutrition counseling
- Treatment of common illnesses, such as colds, sore throats, and breathing problems like asthma
- Diagnoses of early signs of health problems such as diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure
- Help in getting access to specialty physicians for adolescents who are diagnosed with more complicated medical problems
Research has shown reduced absenteeism and tardiness in students who have used school-based health centers such as Teen Xpress.
For more information on Teen Xpress, please call 407.317.7430, x.2173