The Pediatric Endocrinology Specialty Practice at Arnold Palmer Hospital offers state-of-the-art care for patients with growth and puberty disorders, diabetes and other conditions related to hormones and the endocrine glands that produce them. Specialized endocrine stimulation tests are carried out in a comfortable outpatient setting.
- Growth disorders including short stature
- Pubertal disorders (early or delayed)
- Thyroid disease (underactive and overactive)
- Adrenal disease including congenital adrenal hyperplasia
- Hypopituitarism and diabetes insipidus
- Disorders of sex development
- Ovarian and testicular dysfunction
- Diabetes mellitus: Types 1 and 2, and MODY
- Obesity, insulin resistance and dyslipidemia
- Vitamin D, calcium and metabolic bone disorders including rickets
- Specific genetic disorders including Turner syndrome and Prader-Willi syndrome
Endocrinology (Juvenile Diabetes)
The pediatric diabetes program consists of a multidisciplinary team including physicians, certified diabetes educators and a dietician. Our physicians are board-certified in pediatric endocrinology, have extensive clinical experience and have been caring for the children of Orlando and beyond for a collective 50 years. All are active members of the Pediatric Endocrine Society and involved in research and teaching with current faculty distinctions at the University of Florida College of Medicine, Florida State University College of Medicine and University of Central Florida College of Medicine.
Arnold Palmer Hospital has the only pediatric diabetes program in Central Florida certified by the American Association of Diabetes Educators, and it offers comprehensive individualized and intensive management of type 1 diabetes mellitus using the latest diabetes technology, including insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring. Our diabetes team is attuned to the needs of children and adolescents with diabetes and offers the only successful family support group in the area.