You have the right to:
- Be treated with courtesy and respect, with appreciation of your individual dignity and with protection of your need for privacy.
- A prompt and reasonable response to questions and requests.
- Know who is providing medical services and who is responsible for your care.
- Know what patient support services are available, including whether an interpreter is available if you do not speak English.
- Know what rules and regulations apply to your conduct.
- Be given by the healthcare provider information concerning your diagnosis, planned course of treatment, alternatives, risks and prognosis.
- Appropriate assessment and management of pain.
- Refuse treatment, except as otherwise provided by law.
- Be given, upon request, full information and necessary counseling on the availability of known financial resources for your care.
- If eligible for Medicare, know, upon request in advance of treatment, whether the healthcare provider or healthcare facility accepts the Medicare assignment rate.
- Receive, upon request prior to treatment, a reasonable estimate of charges for medical care.
- Receive a copy of a reasonable, clear and understandable itemized bill and to have charges explained (upon request).
- Impartial access to medical treatment or accommodations, regardless of race, national origin, religion, handicap or source of payment.
- Treatment for any emergency medical condition that will deteriorate from failure to provide treatment.
- Know if medical treatment is for purposes of experimental research and to give your consent or refusal to participate in such experimental research.
- Express grievances regarding any violation of your rights, as stated in Florida law, through the grievance procedure of the Orlando Regional Healthcare facility that served you and to the appropriate state licensing agency.
You Are Responsible For:
- Providing to Orlando Health, to the best of your knowledge, accurate and complete information about present complaints, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and other matters relating to your health.
- Reporting unexpected changes in your condition to Orlando Health.
- Reporting to Orlando Health whether you understand a contemplated course of action and what is expected of you.
- Following the treatment plan recommended by Orlando Health.
- Keeping appointments and, when you are unable to do so for any reason, for notifying the healthcare provider or healthcare facility.
- Your actions, if you refuse treatment or do not follow the healthcare provider's instructions.
- Assuring that the financial obligations of your medical care are fulfilled as promptly as possible.
- Following Orlando Health's rules and regulations affecting your care and conduct.
Hours of Operation
Outpatient Admissions Office: 5:30 am - 6:00 pm (Saturday 7 am - 1 pm). Outpatients may check in with the Emergency Patient Business staff at any time the Admissions office is closed.
ER Patient Business: 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
Location: Dr. P. Philllips Hospital 1st Floor
Important Phone Numbers
Outpatient Admissions Office: 321.842.8168
ER Patient Business Office: 407.351.8550
Patient Accounting/Billing questions: 407.650.3800