Ultrasound is a test using sound waves that are reflected. The echoes are recorded onto a picture called a sonogram. Your physician may order additional tests, such as a CT scan, if ultrasound findings are not normal. There are no risks with an ultrasound, and it is a test that is safe even during pregnancy. Dr. P. Phillips Hospital's Radiology Department offers a complete range of diagnostic imaging:
- DEXA scan
- CT (Computed Tomography) Scan
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- MRA (Magnetic Resonance Angiography)
- General x-rays
The Radiology Department is open seven days a week at 7:00am to 9:00pm and is located on the 2nd floor of Dr. P. Phillips Hospital. The CT scan is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for inpatients and emergencies. For your procedure, please allow approximately 1 hour for the CT scan to be completed.
- Pelvic, Renal, Endovaginal, First Trimester OB, Testicular - You must have a full bladder at the time of your ultrasound. Please drink 32 ounces of fluid at least 1 hour prior to your appointment. If your bladder is not full, you may be rescheduled.
- Abdomen, Gallbladder - Please do not eat or drink 6-8 hours prior to you scheduled appointment. Medications may be taken with small sips of water.
To schedule an appointment please call 321.841.5724.
For more information about Dr. P. Phillips Hospital Radiology, please call 407.351.8519.