Health Central Hospital History
The West Orange Healthcare District (the “District”) was created by an act of the Florida legislature in 1949 and opened its doors in 1952 as West Orange Memorial Hospital in Winter Garden, Florida. The original hospital served the then-rural community’s surgical, maternity and general healthcare needs.
West Orange Manor in Winter Garden became the District’s long term care and rehabilitation facility in the late 1970s and today, known as Health Central Park, serves the community with 228 beds in a long term care and rehabilitation setting that is known for its excellence in providing long term care in a homelike setting and now houses our Orthopedic Rehabilitation Center. In 1987 ExpressCare, the District’s walk-in urgent care center, opened in Ocoee, and today ExpressCare remains a valuable resource for non-emergent medical care, as well as flu shots and sports physicals.
In 1993, to meet the needs of our growing community, West Orange Memorial Hospital closed and the hospital re-emerged as Health Central on the current 80-acre campus in Ocoee, with 171 acute care beds and a wide range of healthcare services under one roof in a comprehensive medical center. On April 1, 2012 Health Central Hospital became the newest member of the Orlando Health family of hospitals.
Health Central Hospital serves the West Orange community with safe, quality healthcare in a patient-centered atmosphere of caring and compassion using state-of-the-art diagnostics and technology, with a dedicated team of physicians and staff who uphold Health Central Hospital’s mission to improve the health of our community.