Our mission at Orlando Health – Health Central Hospital is to improve the health of the community we serve. As your community hospital, Health Central Hospital offers a wide range of healthcare services to help you achieve and maintain the healthiest life possible. Below are some of the ways we partner with the community to encourage a culture of health and wellness.
Healthy West Orange
Healthy West Orange is an initiative championed by the West Orange Healthcare District, the Observer Media Group, and Orlando Health – Health Central Hospital. The Vision of Healthy West Orange is to be the healthiest community in the nation.
Our mission is to facilitate a community-wide cultural transformation that creates and fosters a culture of wellness for the West Orange Community built on four areas of focus:
- Health Status — Understanding and aspiring to a strong health status
- Participating in sponsoring ongoing quarterly and monthly health events with free health screenings
- Quarterly events and Health Matters feature articles centered around the four areas of focus
- Event locations alternated throughout West Orange
- Supporting events throughout the year where partners promote and secure support for Healthy West Orange
- Nutrition — Educating and actively achieving healthy eating habits
- Fitness — Participating in fitness activities
- Lifestyle — Accessing health resources and adopting healthy behaviors and choices
To learn more about or to participate with Healthy West Orange, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Orlando Health – Health Central Hospital Diabetes Program is recognized by the American Diabetes Associations. A doctor’s referral is required.
The Diabetes Education Program includes classes on Type 2, Type 1, Pre-Diabetes, and Gestational Diabetes.
- Understanding Diabetes
- Nutritional Counseling
- Monitoring Your Blood Sugar
- The Importance of Physical Activity
- Understanding Your Medications
- Coping with Diabetes
- Complications of Diabetes:
- Understanding, preventing and treatments
- Diabetes in Pregnancy
Classes are held at the Orlando Health – Health Performance Center at the Roper YMCA, 100 Windermere Road, Winter Garden, FL 43787. For more information, please call 407.347. 0672
Health Central Walkers
If you enjoy walking and want to stay in shape, you will love the Health Central Walkers program. This indoor walking program is held at the West Oaks Mall in Ocoee. No matter your age or fitness level, you can participate in a clean, climate-controlled environment. Perfect for year-around walking. This program is perfect for new moms with strollers, too.
By participating in this program, you are making an important commitment to your heart, your health, and, most importantly, to yourself. You will gain more energy, improve your self-image and be heading toward a healthier, more energetic lifestyle.
Walk your way to better health and gain proven health and medical benefits including:
- Stronger heart and lungs
- Increased muscular strength and endurance
- Greater bone strength, helping prevent osteoporosis and bone fractures
- Feeling more energetic
- Feeling less stressed
- Feeling better overall and sleeping better
- Improvement in balance
- Better weight management
- An opportunity to meet new friends!!!!!!
To sign up for the FREE program and receive everything you need to get started, visit the Registration Team located at the mall Food Court Monday–Friday between 9:00 am and 10:00 am. You may also email email@example.com for additional information.
We strongly recommend checking with your physician before beginning any exercise program.
A Tradition of Caring for Central Florida
Caring for Central Florida has been an Orlando Health tradition for nearly 100 years. Our ability to extend our healthcare services beyond the walls of our hospitals is a joint effort. Not only do our physicians, team members, volunteers and board members go above and beyond their daily contributions to support our community, but so do our community partners. With this collaboration, a profound difference is made in the lives of the individuals and communities we serve.
For more information about Orlando Health’s involvement in supporting the health needs of the Central Florida, please visit the Orlando Health Community Involvement section.