South Seminole Hospital Sleep Medicine
The Sleep Disorder Center at South Seminole Hospital diagnoses a wide array of sleep disorders including:
Do you think you may be a candidate for a sleep study? Download this quick and easy test to find out.
To speak with one of our Sleep Disorder Center Specialists, please call 321.842.5430
What to Expect
Through a multi-step process, these and other sleep disorders and diagnosed. First, you'll be asked about your sleep habits and medical history. Then you will stay in one of our "sleep suites," where your sleep study will be performed.
Sleep suites are equipped with the latest computerized monitoring system that records your breathing patterns, oxygen levels, brainwaves, heart rate, bodily movements and sounds you make while you are sleeping. This information is produced on a polysomnogram (sleep graph) for interpretation so that a Sleep Disorder Center specialist can make the appropriate diagnosis and treatment recommendations.
Sleep Disorders Treated
Parasomnias - Abnormal and unnatural movements, emotions, behaviors, perceptions, and dreams that occur at random times throughout the night. They can present themselves in the form of night terrors, enuresis (bedwetting), sleep walking, and sleep talking.
Sleep Apnea - Interrupted breathing pattern that causes lack of oxygen and results in poor quality sleep. It can affect blood pressure and result in heart abnormalities, and often intensifies with age and weight gain.
- Dr. Abid Malik - Medical Director, Board Certified in Sleep Medicine and Psychiatry
- Dr. Richard Feibelman - Board Certified in Pulmonary Diseases, Critical Care Medicine and Sleep Medicine, Fellowship at UF in Sleep Medicine
- Dr. Antonio Rodriguez - Board Certified in Pulmonary Diseases
- Dr. Timothy Jones - Board Certified in Pulmonary Diseases, Critical Care Medicine and Sleep Medicine
- Dr. Orlando Ruiz-Rodriguez - Board Certified in Pulmonary Diseases, Critical Care Medicine and Sleep Medicine
The following forms are for new patients of the Sleep Disorder Center. Please fill these out, print them, and bring them with you:
CPAP Support Group
This group meets the 2nd Tuesday of every month.
CPAP support groups include:
- Guest speakers
- Interaction from other CPAP users
- Q&A with a registered sleep technician
All CPAP/BiPAP device users are welcome to join the support group!
Please RSVP to the Sleep Disorders Center at 321.842.5430