The diagnosis of liver cancer is devastating news for a patient. Time is of the essence and the patient wants to begin treatment as soon as possible. The Liver Center at MD Anderson Cancer Center Orlando was established to care for patients with all types of liver cancer. Patients are seen promptly and a single day evaluation incorporates resources for the education, diagnosis and treatment of liver cancer. The experienced team of physicians offers a variety of multidisciplinary treatment options and strives to offer hope in a realistic and compassionate manner.
- With the addition of the new Liver Center at MD Anderson Orlando, we are one of only a few medical institutions in the United States to have a program dedicated solely to those with liver cancer.
- The Liver Center is under the guidance of Mark Roh, MD. For 23 years he has specialized in treating patients with liver tumors and was the former Chief of Liver Tumor Surgery at MD Anderson Cancer Center Orlando in Houston Texas. Since 1992, he has been annually selected as one of The Best Doctors in America®.
- MD Anderson - Orlando represents the combined strengths of Orlando Health and MD Anderson in Houston.
- Through clinical trials and our integrated programs in treatment, research and education, we ensure that each patient has the best possible care available today.
- To us, people are more than their cancer symptoms – compassion, diagnosis and treatment go hand-in hand.
Rapid Diagnosis & Coordinated Care
Our oncologists and board-certified surgeons personally perform and interpret diagnostic tests. Along with a specially trained, multidisciplinary team of oncologists, nurses, radiologists, pathologists and counselors, our healthcare team is with you every step of the way. Each aspect of your treatment plan is carefully reviewed by our multidisciplinary team, giving you the comfort of knowing the very finest minds in cancer care are working together to support your progress.
Services & Treatment Options
The Liver Center offers an array of diagnostic and treatment services for all liver patients. With cutting edge surgery, drug and radiation therapies each patient will receive the finest care here at MD Anderson Cancer Center Orlando. Our patients also benefit from many newly developed treatments and clinical trials available here through our affiliation with The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.
We offer an array of diagnostic and treatment services, including:
Multi modality diagnostic services
Dr. Mark Roh, Chairman of Surgery at MD Anderson - Orlando, discusses liver disease and liver cancer.
- Fine needle cytopathology
- State-of-the-art Magnetic Resonance Imaging with contrast
- Triphasic Computerized Axial Tomography and 3D reconstruction
- Nuclear Medicine functional scanning
Multidisciplinary treatment options
- Cytotoxic Chemotherapy
- Hepatic Resection
- Intraarterial Chemotherapy
- Laparoscopic Liver Resection
- Microwave Ablation
- Molecular Targeted Chemotherapy
- Percutaneous Ethanol Treatments
- Psychological Counseling
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Selective Internal Radiation Therapy
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy
- For Unresectable Liver Cancer
- Neoadjuvant and Adjuvant Therapies for Resectable Liver Cancer
- Treatment Morbidities
- Pain Management
- End of Life Care
- Creating Treatment Strategies to be administered by Referring Physicians
In addition to receiving the finest medical care, our patients also have access to nutritionists, support groups, social workers, genetic counseling, educational seminars, a comprehensive medical library and Mind Body Medicine Services.
For additional information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 321.841.7797. Calls will be returned on the same day.
Our Team of Experts
- Medical Oncology
Omar R. Kayaleh, MD*
Said Baidas, MD
Larisa Greenberg, MD
Gregory Pennock, MD
Josè E. Sarriera, MD
Jennifer E. Tseng, MD
- Radiation Oncology
Daniel J. Buchholz, MD*
- Surgical Oncology
Mark Roh, MD*
Debashish Bose, MD, PhD
Raj Nair, MD
Patrick Quijada, MD
- Interventional Radiologists
Joseph Andriole, MD
Alex Azbel, MD
Richard George, MD
*Indicates team leader
To schedule an appointment or for a second opinion, call 321.841.7797.
The Liver Center is located on the second floor of MD Anderson – Orlando. Self-parking is available in parking garages on campus. Valet parking is available for a nominal fee at the main entrance.