Welcome to the Orlando Health Pulmonary Disease Fellowship
Orlando Health Pulmonary Disease fellowship is a two year program where the fellows spend about 15-18 clinical months mostly at Orlando Regional Medical center and train in general and interventional Pulmonology as well as critical care medicine in its state of the art ICUs. This Fellowship is fully Accredited by Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). As Orlando Health also offers a fully ACGME Critical Care fellowship in the same site, Pulmonary Fellows who are interested in combined Pulmonary/Critical Care Fellowship positions will be encouraged to stay for one additional year of Critical Care only training.
Orlando Health has been training physicians for over fifty years. Medical education is a core value of this organization.
Orlando Health and its flagship academic hospital, Orlando Regional Medical Center is an ideal and very attractive location for pursuing Graduate Medical Education. This system has residency program in most medical subspecialties including Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Ob-Gyn, Emergency Medicine, Pathology, Pediatrics and Subspecialty fellowship in most medical, surgical subspecialties. Orlando Health is the only Level 1 trauma center in Central Florida and is a tertiary referral center receiving air transported patients from far away locations.
Orlando Health Pulmonary Fellowship Program is designed to prepare physicians for a successful and exemplary career in pulmonary medicine.
The program offers:
- In-depth clinical exposure to patients with a diverse and extensive spectrum of pulmonary, cardiac, sleep disorders and critical illnesses
- Experienced, expert and always available faculty who are deeply committed to pulmonary medicine education
- Extensive hands on education and abundant practice opportunity in General bronchoscopy, advanced diagnostic procedures like Electro Navigational Bronchoscopy, EBUS and other interventional pulmonary procedures
- Adequate Time, facility, guidance and specific instruction to learn and conduct basic, clinical, outcome and quality research
- State of the art methods of teaching including traditional didactics, Multidisciplinary educational activities, nationally and globally acclaimed online educational activities, SCIDs, Web based on demand sessions as well as access to a wide array of online resources
- Curriculum mandate and onsite availability of Pulmonary niche programs like Cystic Fibrosis clinic, Pulmonary Hypertension clinic, Thoracic oncology multidisciplinary program, sleep clinic, TB and Refugee health clinic, Lung transplant clinic, Lung nodule clinic.
- Elaboration online curriculum in healthcare communication skills, quality matrix with careful focus on diversity and healthcare disparity education
- The large patient population in Orlando Regional Medical Center, the high acuity of illness, state-of-the-art diagnostic, therapeutic and research facilities and the well-established and integrated inn-system outpatient setup combine to create a well-rounded educational, clinical and research experience.
Rumi A Khan MD FCCP
Pulmonary Diseases Fellowship Program