- Emergency Medicine
- General Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Pediatrics (Sponsored by University of Florida)
Resident Contract/Benefit Information
Clerkships are four weeks in length with clinical learning experiences that are structured to allow for institutional academic elective credit to be assigned if desired. This year we have joined the AAMC sponsored VSAS (visiting student application service) to apply for medical student electives.
About Orlando Health
Orlando Health is the only designated teaching hospital in Central Florida and provides many learning opportunities for physicians. Orlando Health is also developing new approaches and solutions to healthcare issues through state-of-the-art research activities that benefit the Orlando Health medical professional.
Our 1,694 licensed bed healthcare network is guided by a volunteer Board of Directors, certified by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and affiliated with the national network of Voluntary Hospitals of America.
Orlando Health is a voluntary, not-for-profit hospital system comprising the following facilities:
Orlando Regional Medical Center / UF Health Cancer Center at Orlando Health 808 Beds
- Orlando Regional Medical Center - UF Health Cancer Center - Orlando Health - 808 Beds
- Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children - 158 Beds
- Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies - 285 Beds
- UF Health Cancer Center at Orlando Health
- Dr. P. Phillips Hospital - 237 Beds
- South Seminole Hospital - 206 Beds
All Orlando Health training programs are housed on the downtown Orlando campus. Orlando Regional Medical Center boasts a Level One Trauma Center, serving all of Central Florida with its own helicopter ambulance service (Air Care Team) that serves up to a 90-mile radius around Orlando. The Emergency Department sees over 70,000 patients per year, including 3,400 major trauma cases. Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children serves as the area's only full-service pediatric hospital, providing the complete spectrum of services. Arnold Palmer Hospital is itself a level one trauma center with its own children's emergency department seeing 48,000 patients per year.
The main Orlando Health campus is located in beautiful downtown Orlando. The City of Orlando is one of the most popular tourist destinations in North America. Consequently, it offers tremendous recreational and cultural activities. There are a multitude of golf courses, lakes for fishing and water sports, as well as professional basketball, hockey and arena football teams. The Central Florida area offers easy access to other large cities such as Tampa and the Gulf Coast as well as a short drive to the East Coast beaches.
As with all large metropolitan cities, Orlando provides multiple centers for fine shopping and dining. Because of the family oriented industries located in Central Florida, including Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando and Sea World, Orlando is ideal for family life.
- Employer of Choice®, 2-year designation by Employer of Choice, Inc. (2005-2006)
- America's Best Hospitals (Cardiac and Respiratory), U.S.News & World Report
- Top 100 Orthopedic Hospital, HCIA, Inc.
- Top 100 Hospital in Cardiac Intervention, HCIA, Inc.
- Top 100 Hospitals (overall), HCIA, Inc.
- Best Doctors in America, Woodward/White Publishing
- 100 Best Companies to Work for in America, Fortune magazine
- Consumer's Choice Award, National Research Corporation
- Number One Company for Working Families, Central Florida Family magazine
- Most Women-Friendly Large Corporation (#2 out of 3), Florida Commission on the Status of Women
- Vision Award for Diversity, Downtown Orlando Affiliation
- Clean Air Company of 1999, Central Florida Clean Air Team
- Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children is the only hospital in Central Florida to rank as one of the “Best Children’s Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report. In the 2012-13 rankings Arnold Palmer Medical Center ranked 27th in Orthopedics, 31st in Gastroenterology, and 47th in Cardiology & Heart Surgery. Arnold Palmer Hospital was also ranked as a “Best Children’s Hospital” in 2011, 2010 and 2008
The nearly 100 full time, employed, medical education faculty function as a multispecialty group practice, caring for patients in the hospital as well as in the outpatient faculty practices. Faculty supervise residents in caring for their patients and provide physician coverage 24/7. Our faculty members are accepting new patients and appointments can be made by contacting the respective office.
Mail: 1414 Kuhl Avenue, MP 7, Orlando FL, 32806
Contact Medical Education:
Colon & Rectal Surgery
GME Administrative Coordinator, Sr.
GME Administrative Coordinator, Sr.