What is Clinical Integration?
Clinical integration is a strategy to improve healthcare quality and value through collaboration among providers and healthcare systems. Orlando Health Network is a clinically integrated network (CIN) focused on achieving the triple aim: improve quality, reduce cost, and improve access.
An effective clinically integrated network fosters interdependence among providers to:
- Improve the patient experience
- Improve population health
- Reduce per capita cost
- Joining a CIN that has outperformed market and national peers on quality metrics across all value-based contracts
- Access to a dedicated team of resources including: Operations Management, Population Health Coordinators, Analytical Support, Information Technology Specialists and Provider Relations Managers
- Providing access to new contracting arrangements such as direct to employer and value-based risk contracts
- Remain independent while leveraging OHN resources to prepare for the value-based care landscape
- Utilizing claims and clinical data to identify opportunities to close patient care gaps
- Leveraging care management resources to enhance care transition and case management
- Expanded educational opportunities, provider-to-provider networking events and sharing of best practices
- Shared savings contract opportunities with payors
Orlando Health Network is a provider-led organization. What does that mean?
OHN is committed to provider involvement and leadership in all aspects of governance and decision-making.The OHN Board of Directors is composed of both providers and health system leaders. Providers participate in key committees to make critical decisions: Contracting and Finance, Credentialing & Provider Network Development, Governance and Clinical Programs & Care Management.
Is my practice required to use an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) to participate in OHN?
- Submit a credentialing application for each provider
- Sign the OHN participating practice agreement to enroll the practice’s participating providers in the Network
- Meet with your operations team quarterly to review provider performance reports and benchmark information