To celebrate Cardiovascular Professionals Week, February 12-19, the team is sharing some of their accomplishments from the past year, achieved as a result of collaborative cardiovascular care at Orlando Health.
- April 1, 2016 marked the official date of the introduction of Orlando Health Heart Institute Cardiology Group to our system and the community. The new group consists of 40 cardiologists and nearly 280 team members and 13 locations throughout Central Florida making it one of the largest in the state.
- Several outpatient and inpatient Cardiology Departments achieved Top 10% patient satisfaction in 2016.
- Expanded patient access with additional or expanded Orlando Health Heart Institute Cardiology Group locations in Lake Nona, Celebration, Oviedo, Health Central, and Spring Lake
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) 3-star rating for bypass and aortic valve surgery
- April 4, 2016 marked the first successful elective PCI case performed at South Seminole Hospital. South Seminole Hospital received recognition by the State of Florida as a Level One Adult Cardiovascular Services licensed program. Under the leadership of Dr. Ashish Gupta, a multidisciplinary team collaborated for months to prepare for the implementation of this new program.
- Atrial Fibrillation Accreditation from Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- ORMC recently received the Get With The Guidelines®-AFIB Silver Achievement Award.
- System-wide Heart Failure Accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care to include the following sites: Dr. P. Philips Hospital, Health Central Hospital, Orlando Regional Medical Center, South Lake Hospital and South Seminole Hospital
- Development of the Lower Extremity Amputation Prevention (LEAP) program. The LEAP team is a physician led multidisciplinary team comprised of physicians, practitioners and specialists from Podiatry, Wound Management, Infectious Disease, Vascular Surgery and Interventional Cardiology.
- New Cath Lab and expanded Pre/Post Cath Recovery space at Dr. P. Phillips Hospital
- New multifunctional 5B Hybrid OR at ORMC