Credits earned through a Clinical Pastoral Education Program may serve a variety of purposes. Students may apply CPE credit toward satisfying:
- seminary or college credit, or a religious denomination’s pre-requisite for ordination;
- professional continuing education requirements;
- clinical education requirements for certification as a professional chaplain or pastoral counselor
- to help laypersons clarify vocational interests and calling regarding ministry;
- to strengthen and improve on their awareness and skills in providing pastoral care.