Clinical Applications Specialist - Winter Park – Full-time
Title: Clinical Applications Specialist I
Department: Information Systems (MIS)
Dept. Director: Director of IS
Supervisor: Manager, Clinical Applications
Location: Winter Park FL, 32789
The Clinical Applications Specialist I is responsible for ensuring consistent use of information technology in the end user setting and the adoption of workflow changes enabled by information technology. Will be the contact for end users as it relates to the use of information technology. Key systems include the enterprise practice management system and the electronic health records (EHR) system. The Clinical Applications Specialist I, under moderate supervision, will research, load, configure, test and deploy these key applications as instructed by the Manager, Clinical Applications. The Clinical Applications Specialist I will also train and support physicians and staff on the systems and applications.
- Provides Level 1 support of applications and ensures that end users interact with information systems in the manner in which they were trained and educated. Recognizes deviation from standard use and educates staff.
- Ensures that end users integrate agreed upon workflow changes into practice. Recognizes deviation from standard practice and educates staff.
- Recommends system usage improvements to enhance departmental workflow and efficiency.
- Performs formal and informal end user system training
- Participates in system implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting and problem resolution as a subject matter expert
- Ensures accuracy and confidentiality of system data.
- Ensures that point of care devices are used appropriately to record and display essential data.
- Tracks, manages, and troubleshoots issues as necessary to ensure all clinical software systems are working properly.
- Produces and maintains proper policy and user documentation for all practice management and EHR application software.
- Ensures consistency and coherence to company policies and standards and guiding principles throughout application lifecycle.
- Keeps the Manager, Clinical Applications informed of progress and status of all current projects.
- Manages individual projects as needed.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to travel between locations.
- Ability to hear, speak clearly, operate phones, and see.
- Ability to operate a computer, printer and mouse.
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent formal training and/or experience in a clinical systems environment preferred. Two (2) years work experience of progressive responsibility with healthcare IS applications or equivalent combination of experience, education, and /or training.
- Expert level competency in healthcare clinical applications.
- Excellent communication/ presentation skills.
- Good business ethics due to sensitivity of departmental information.
To apply send your resume and title of position to firstname.lastname@example.org