Computer Support Tech – Winter Park – Full-time
Title: Computer Support Technician
Department: Management Information Systems
Dept. Director: Chief Information Officer
Supervisor: Network Operations Manager
Location: Winter Park, FL 32789
The Computer Support Technician is responsible for setup, installation and maintenance of all computer hardware and software systems throughout the organization and provides preventative maintenance on all equipment as needed. This individual is responsible for staying abreast of equipment status, equipment needs (both software and hardware), as well as new equipment technology. He/she is also responsible for reporting maintenance requirements and work completion schedules.
- Troubleshoots, repairs and/or replaces malfunctioning PC’s, Servers, Printers and all other computer hardware and software systems as needed.
- Provides monthly and annual equipment maintenance, initiating corrective action when indicated. Reports progress of maintenance in timely manner.
- Initiates and evaluates all installations, repairs and maintenance from outside vendors.
- Maintains an accurate equipment inventory within assigned offices.
- Ensures all hardware and software changes are properly installed and documented
- Provides basic education and training to end users when necessary. Educates/assists end users on specific interfaces within software applications
- Oversees all data backup and archiving systems.
- Works closely with the Network Operations Manager on special advanced projects
- Maintains operational knowledge of hardware and software equipment to solve common operational problems and/or seeks advice from supervisor and/or vendor/consultants when appropriate.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date certifications/licenses for hardware and software support.
- Remains abreast of enhancements and upgrades to PC hardware that will be beneficial to the organization; identifies computers, network processes, peripherals, hardware components and applications which would result in increased efficiency and decreased expenses without compromising quality
- Communicate the network, hardware and software needs of end users.
- Learn new systems in preparation for maintenance and upgrade capabilities
- Conducts maintenance and administration of computer networks.
- Interacts with the public and co-workers in a helpful, caring manner.
- Fulfills other functional and technical requirements as assigned from time to time.
- Performs all assigned tasks in a professional, timely and cost effective manner.
- Ability to lift 30 to 75 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to travel between locations.
- Ability to occasionally work before and/or after normal operational hours.
- Ability to see and hear.
- Hardware repair certifications on Repairing and Maintaining PC's or 3 years equivalent work experience as a Computer Technician in an authorized computer center.
- Two years experience with network operating systems including installation, set-up, analysis and support of those systems
- High school diploma with some college preferred. Experience can substitute for education.
To apply send your resume and title of position to email@example.com