Office Coordinator/Medical Assistant – Metro West – Full-time
Title: Office Coordinator / Administrative Assistant
Dept: Director: Office ManagerSupervisor: Office Manager
Location: Orlando, FL 32835
Responsible for providing coordination between the CBO and the health center for patient billing services, which includes ensuring that all encounters, reports, and requests for financial/billing information are provided to the CBO in a timely fashion. The incumbent orders office supplies and maintains inventory control of those supplies. S/he will supervise the daily functions of the front desk (cashier), phone reception, main phone reception, and medical records staff.
1. Supervises main receptionist, phone receptionists, and front desk receptionists, including preparing their schedules. Oversees work distribution and flow of department. Acts as a resource to the receptionist when issues regarding registration, insurance and collection arise.
2. On a daily basis, reviews all encounter forms for completeness including CPT and ICD-10 coding, before they are sent to the CBO for entry.
3. Prepares daily cash reconciliation and audits batches in system to ensure proper closing procedures.
4. Ensures that batches are sent to CBO within 48 hours from date of service and that they have proper attachments: deposit slip copy, batch summary, reconciliation report, and corresponding encounter forms.
5. Provides assistance to the CBO staff as needed when questions arise. Assists in tracking the missing encounter and hold reports.
6. Provides assistance to patients in the Center regarding any questions concerning billing that may arise such as lab bills or questions concerning their current balance with Physician Associates.
7. Performs clerical functions as requested.
8. Orders office supplies within budgetary guidelines and maintains inventory to the most cost-efficient par levels.
9. Performs opening and closing of Center following checklist.
10. Makes daily bank deposit.
11. Provides back-up to office functions such as referrals and medical records.
12. Provides resources, makes necessary phone calls and takes appropriate action in the event of an emergency or catastrophe. Functions as the primary contact for the Administrative office on administrative issues.
13. Resolves patient concerns promptly, interfacing with staff. Summarizes patient complaints monthly and annually, noting trends and communicating results.
14. Performs master templating of Center schedules for physicians, dexa and lab department and nurse only.
15. Exhibits customer service skills, flexibility and a “team player” attitude. Handles confidential materials in a professional and responsible manner.
16. Handles special projects and other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to see, hear, speak, and communicate effectively.
2. Ability to travel within the Orlando area.
3. Ability to ambulate within the building.
4. Ability to use a 10-key adding machine.
5. Ability to operate PC/printer/fax machine.
1. High School diploma. Experience can substitute for education.
2. Two to five years medical front office experience.
3. Minimum one-year supervisory experience.
4. Good organizational skills.
5. Customer service experience preferred.
6. Experience in word processing/spreadsheet software.
7. Ability to type 40 wpm.
To apply send your resume and title of position to email@example.com