Office Manager – Hunter’s Creek – Full-time
Title: Office Manager Float
Dept. Director: Staff Physician
Supervisor: Director of Operations
Location: Orlando, FL 32837
This person will be responsible for covering the Physician Office in the absence of the Office Manager. This person will assist in supporting and maintaining the physician-led Care Delivery Teams with ongoing communication, coaching and consistency in use of processes in the physician practice. Will assist in directing and coordinating the day-to-day functions of the physician office and prioritizes activities of the care team.
- Understands and upholds the practice philosophy of health care and integrates this philosophy into daily functions.
- Provides information and assistance to internal and external customers, in person and by telephone, in a friendly, helpful manner.
- Supports and refines procedures in the office, verifying policy changes with physician leadership.
- Establishes, maintains and revises accurate record keeping and filing systems for business papers. Classifies, sorts and files correspondence, records and other documents.
- Verifies hours worked by office staff, monitors use of vacation, sick and holiday time. Submits time and attendance within the specific pay period.
- Identifies and analyzes work issues and coordinates corrective action plan with appropriate physician, manager or director.
- Maintains supplies, inventory and ordering processes within the office site. Submits appropriate purchase order, coded correctly, for approval. Reviews, approves and codes all invoices for payment.
- Ensures all supplies and equipment are supplied and/or maintained in working order; coordinating with Materials Management, BioMed and Maintenance Departments, as appropriate.
- Monitors and communicates risk and quality issues to appropriate physician, manager or director.
- Maintains responsibility for performing: daily bank deposits; daily cash and encounter reconciliations; monitoring of encounters and ensuring delivery of encounters to CBO within 48 hours; adherence to cash handling policy; follow up on any insurance or other information issues.
- Provides personnel coverage, as required.
- Travels to various PAL locations for Office Manager coverage.
- Other duties as directed.
· Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
· Ability to use a computer.
· Ability to sit at length at a data entry station.
· High school diploma. Experience can substitute for education.
· Demonstrates basic knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT coding regulations.
· Basic knowledge of CLIA and OSHA medical office regulations.
· English language skills are necessary to prepare documents and establish filing systems.
· Strong organizational skills; critical thinking skills.
· Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and Access a plus.
Required tasks routinely involve a potential of mucous membranes or skin contact with blood, body fluids, tissues or potential spills or splashes. Use of appropriate measures is required for every health care provider in this position.To apply send your resume and title of position to firstname.lastname@example.org