Phone Receptionist/Medical Registration Clerk – Lake Mary/Oviedo – Orthopedics – Full-time
Title: Phone Receptionist
Department: Family Medicine/Internal Medicine/Pediatrics/OB-Gyn
Dept. Director: Office Manager
Supervisor: Office Manager
Location: Lake Mary and Oviedo, FL
The Phone Receptionist answers all incoming phone calls and directs them to the appropriate areas within Physician Associates phone standards. He/she schedules/reschedules and confirms appointments for patients in a pleasant manner following established guidelines/standards. He/she assists with other activities as necessary.
1. Answers all incoming phone calls within standard in a pleasant, professional manner. Schedules and confirms routine appointments; responds to questions or refers to the appropriate staff member when applicable.
2. Identifies emergency or urgent calls following Physician Associates guidelines. Communicates all patient problems to Team Leader and/or Office Manager.
3. Performs additional duties related to health center needs as required.
4. Maintains specific health center directories as assigned.
5. Works effectively as a member of the patient care team and contributes suggestions for improving unit and organizational operations.
6. Adheres to Physician Associates phone standards. Understands phone calls will be monitored randomly by silent monitoring for quality and content.
1. Ability to see, hear, speak and write clearly.
2. Ability to sit for several hours at a time.
3. Ability to work on a computer.
4. Ability to travel to other health centers.
5. Ability to lift minimally.
6. Ability to perform fine motor functions.
7. Ability to tolerate periods of high stress.
1. High school diploma or GED. Experience can substitute for education.
2. Previous experience in a physician’s office, clinic or hospital.
3. Medical terminology knowledge.
4. Experience scheduling health care appointments.
5. Customer service experience.
6. Familiarization with computers.
To apply send your resume and title of position to email@example.com