Scribe – Springlake/Oviedo – Ortho – Full-time
Department: Medical Unit
Dept. Director: Office Manager
Supervisor: Office Manager
Location: Orlando|Oviedo, FL
Create and maintain the patient medical record under the supervision of the physician.
- Manages all patient medical records. Accurately and efficiently inputs patient medical history and surgical history; enters review of systems, maintains medicine administration, lab orders, imaging orders, in an effort to create a Note in Allscripts under the direct supervision of the physician.
- Keeps open lines of communication with the MIS department in terms of troubleshooting and suggestions for ALLSCRIPTS.
- Effectively and proactively communicates IT and clinical issues with supervising physician.
- Attends meetings at health centers periodically to maintain contact with providers and staff.
- Works effectively as a member of a patient care team and contributes suggestions for improving the unit and organization operations.
- Attend required medical in-service training for position advancement.
- Ability to see, hear and speak clearly.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Preferred enrolled in a BA program or college graduate. Experience can substitute for education.
- Career goals in medicine including MD/DO/NP
- Medical Terminology Knowledge
- Proficient in computers and keyboarding
Required tasks routinely involve a potential for mucous membranes or skin contact with blood, body fluids, tissues or potential spills or splashes. Use of appropriate measures is required for every healthcare provider in this position.
To apply send your resume and title of position to firstname.lastname@example.org