Request and Appointment with an Orlando Health Physician
Providing you the best in diagnostic radiology is our mission at Orlando Health Imaging Centers. Submit an appointment request today, and we’ll follow up with you shortly to confirm a time that works for you.
The Breast MRI is one of the newest and most powerful imaging tools to enable physicians to detect breast cancer and to diagnose it accurately. Our Breast MRI solution offers uncompromised imaging for increased diagnostic confidence.
MRI of the breast gathers detail that cannot be obtained by other imaging modalities, such as mammography or ultrasound. MR imaging uses a powerful magnetic field, radio waves and a computer to produce detailed pictures of organs, soft tissues, bone and virtually all other internal body structures. MRI does not use ionizing radiation, which is used in x-rays.
Indications for Breast MRI
MRI of the breast is mostly used as a supplemental tool for detecting and staging breast cancer and other breast abnormalities. MRI imaging of the breast is performed to:
- Evaluate abnormalities detected by mammography
- Examine women with dense breast tissue
- Screen women at high risk for breast cancer
- Determine leaks or ruptures in breast implants
- Distinguish between scar tissue and recurrent tumors
- Determine extent and spread of cancer in the breast or adjacent chest wall
- Assess the effect of chemotherapy
For more information or to make an appointment call 407.331.9355.