The Orlando Health Center for Aging and Memory Disorder Clinic
We are one of fifteen State of Florida designated Memory Disorder Clinics supported by the Department of Elder Affairs through the Alzheimer’s Disease Initiative. The Orlando Health Center for Aging and Memory Disorder Clinic is designed to diagnose the underlying causes of memory loss and dedicated to meeting the changing needs of patients, caregivers, and family members.
Who needs a memory assessment?
Memory can change as we age, however significant memory loss is not a normal part of the aging process. A comprehensive assessment may be beneficial if you:
- Find it difficult to form new memories
- Have difficulty finding words
- Find it difficult to complete familiar tasks
- Are repeatedly misplacing objects, often in unusual places
- Make poor decisions/use poor judgment
- Experience significant personality changes
- Frequently become lost in familiar places
- Are confused about time, place and people
- See or hear things that others do not
- Have lost interest in usual activities
What causes memory loss?
Memory loss can have many causes. In addition to Alzheimer’s Disease and other dementias, various medical and psychological conditions, including thyroid disease, diabetes, hypertension, vitamin deficiencies, stress, depression and anxiety, can cause memory loss.
Our Clinical Team
- David Smuckler, MD, Geriatrician
- Farah Bess, ARNP, GNP-BC
- Audrey Hauser Burnett, LCSW
- Katie Bridge, LCSW
- Marissa Conrad, MS, PT, CBIS
- Marissa Rosa, Au.D., CCC-A
- Lori Daiello, Pharm.D, ScM