Screening Recommended for Young Adults
- Have a medical check-up at least every 2 years, or as recommended by your health care provider, including blood pressure screening
- For women: Have a gynecological exam, clinical breast exam and Pap test every 2 to 3 years, or as recommended by your health care provider. Prenatal care is important--contact your doctor if you think you may be pregnant.
- For men: Have clinical testicular exam as recommended by your health care provider and perform regular self-exams.
- If you are at increased risk for high cholesterol due to family history, lifestyle factors or other medical conditions, have a cholesterol screening in your 20s.
- Have a dental exam and cleaning every 6 to 12 months, or as recommended.
- See a dermatologist as recommended to screen for skin cancer and treat existing skin conditions like acne or eczema.
- Calculate your body mass index (BMI). A healthy BMI is below 25.
- Get regular comprehensive eye exams as recommended by your vision specialist.
- Have recommended immunizations (may include influenza [flu] vaccine, hepatitis vaccines, HPV vaccine, MMR, meningococcal vaccine, pneumococcal vaccine, tetanus and varicella [chickenpox]).