ORMC Teen Volunteer Opportunities
ORMC Teen Volunteer Opportunities
Dear Prospective Teen Volunteer,
Thank you for your interest in the Orlando Health Teen Volunteer Program. This program has opportunities at Orlando Regional Medical Center, UF Health Cancer Center – Orlando Health, and the Orlando Health Heart Institute. Teens are offered a wide variety of opportunities throughout these locations. Apart from an enriching learning experience, teen volunteers gain valuable volunteer hours that can be used toward scholarship requirements for college.
Please take a moment to read though the following questions to be sure this program is for you:
- Am I at least 16-years-old?
- Am I currently enrolled in high school and maintaining a “B” (3.00) average or higher?
- Am I willing to complete a screening process that includes a drug screening, QuantiFeron Gold (Qgold) TB Test, and a 3-hour new volunteer orientation?
- Am I willing to commit to one full session (spring, summer, or fall) of volunteer service?
- Do I have reliable transportation to and from the hospital?
If you answered YES to all of the above questions, please complete the Teen Volunteer Application in full.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
MANDATORY: On the same day you submit your online application, please send your report card with weighted GPA to Shari.Bryant@orlandohealth.com. Your application will not be considered until your report card is received.
What’s next? As soon as your completed application and report card is received, you will be contacted via e-mail to set up your personal interview. Please make sure a valid e-mail address is included with your application.
Volunteers are the heartbeat of Orlando Health. Your interest, care, and commitment are greatly appreciated. I look forward to meeting you! Please feel free to contact me at (321) 841-5902 should you have any questions.
ORMC, UF Health Cancer Center - Orlando Health
& Orlando Health Heart Institute
Summer 2017 – June 12, 2017 to August 4, 2017
Available shifts: Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, May 7, 2017
- Guest Services: The Guest Services team serves as the liaison between patients and hospital staff and they are responsible for ensuring that patient and guest needs are consistently met. Care ambassadors who serve with the Guest Services team will assist with a variety of duties. Responsibilities may include greeting, directing and escorting guests around the different areas of the hospital, as well as answering guest inquiries. These assignments are located in the emergency room, surgical floor, trauma waiting room and the lobby.
- Oshibori: Volunteer Services offers a daily relaxing hot towel, or Oshibori, experience to all of the hospital’s patients, guests, and team members free of charge. With the added element of aromatherapy, Oshibori is a unique way to not only cleanse the hands, but experience a moment of comforting tranquility. Patients often put the towels directly on their heads or necks to ease their pain and stress. This is a great assignment for care ambassadors who want to volunteer among patients all throughout the hospital.
- Food and Nutrition: The Food & Nutrition department is a great opportunity for teen volunteers to gain exposure and experience in the hospital environment. In locations such as the cafeteria and coffee café, students can make a significant impact on the hospital’s operation.
- Transportation: This department is responsible for the movement of patients around the hospital. Care Ambassadors who work with Transportation will assist with discharging patients and organizing transportation equipment. This assignment is perfect for students who want to move around the hospital a lot during their shifts.
- Office Assistant: There are several administrative offices at ORMC, including Volunteer Services, that are in need of office assistants. Duties change daily and would support the teams in each office. This is a great position for students looking to develop their professional communication and task-oriented skills.
- Central Supply/Surgery Supply: This department is responsible for all of the hospital’s supplies. Care Ambassadors assigned to this location will play an important role in the organization of these supplies and will gain great insight into the hospital operations.