Adult Service Areas
The volunteer Services office offers volunteer opportunities here at South Seminole Hospital and at the UF Health Cancer Center Infusion located in Lake Mary. There are several different types of Adult volunteer opportunities throughout the hospital listed below. Please note that there may be opportunities not included below but may still be available. If you are interested in volunteering with a department that is not included in the list below, you may bring this to our attention directly and we will try to accommodate you.
- Nursing Units: Volunteers who serve on a nursing unit would assist the unit’s nursing staff with a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, answering patient call-bells, restocking materials, and answering the unit telephone. Volunteers can serve on any of the following units:
- Medical Surgical 3rd & 4th floors
- Pre-Post Procedure
- Infusion Therapy
- Guest Services: The Guest Services team serves as the liaison between patients and hospital staff and they are responsible for ensuring that patient and guest needs are consistently met. Volunteers who serve with the Guest Services staff will assist with a variety of duties. Responsibilities may include greeting, directing and escorting guests around the different areas of the hospital, as well as answering guest inquiries. These assignments are located in the emergency room and the Information desk.
- Oshibori: Volunteer Services offers a daily relaxing hot towel, or oshibori experience to all of the hospital’s patients, guests, and team members free of charge. With the added element of aromatherapy, oshibori is a unique way to not only cleanse the hands, but experience a moment of comforting tranquility. Patients often put the towels directly on their heads or necks to ease their pain and stress. This is a great assignment for volunteers who want to work among patients all throughout the hospital.
- Healing Arts: For volunteers who possess talent for art or music, Orlando Health has opportunities for them to utilize their skills. If you play an instrument or even like to do arts and crafts, please inquire about this opportunity.
- Behavioral Health: If you are working on a Psychology degree; we have opportunities in our Expressive Therapy Department.
- Volunteer Office: The volunteer department runs the mail room for the hospital, has a copy center and collates packets for various departments. If you are a self-starter and have good organizational skills, this would be a great opportunity for you.
- Nonclinical Areas: There are many areas in the hospital that do not directly involve patient care but are vital to the hospital’s operation. These areas are also in need of help and give the volunteers unique experience. Examples of these areas include: Central Supply, Food & Nutrition, Transportation and Radiology and Shuttle drivers.