ARTS IN MEDICINE FOR REDUCTION OF PAIN AND STRESS DURING CHEMOTHERAPY
Clinical Trial Information
Trial Contact: See Principal Investigator
IRB No: 18.138.10
Protocol Abbrev: Arts in Medicine
Principal Investigator: Diane Caroline Robinson, PhD
Age Group: Adult
Secondary Protocol No: Arts in Medicine
Treatment: 90-minute watercolor lesson in which patients will engage in the visual art engagement
Reducing the perception of pain and stress in adult cancer patients during outpatient chemotherapy.
Increasing the body of evidence-based research that promotes visual arts engagement to improve well-being.
• Patients at the UF Health Cancer Center at Orlando Health.
• Patients who display symptoms of pain and stress resulting from a cancer diagnosis indicated by their self-reported perceptions.
• Severe pain as evidenced by their self-report, specifically a 10 on the 10-point scale.
• Patients who make comments indicating suicidal ideation
• Patients using ice on their hands and feet to prevent neuropathy