NeMeRe, a Multi-Institutional Retrospective and Prospective Registry of Neoplastic Meningitis in Adults
Clinical Trial Information
Trial Contact: Manchola-Orozco, Carolina; Walton, Sherri
IRB No: 19.150.03
Protocol Abbrev: NeMeRe
Principal Investigator: Surabhi Ranjan, MD
Age Group: Adult
Secondary Protocol No: HRP-591
We propose to create a comprehensive, multi-institutional retrospective and prospective electronic
database of patients diagnosed with neoplastic meningitis from any underlying tumor histology
(Neoplastic Meningitis Registry [NeMeRe]) with the following objectives:
1. To define national patterns in care and gaps in treatment quality for patients with neoplastic
2. To provide longitudinal data for outcome studies.
3. To generate hypotheses regarding the association of potential prognostic variables with outcomes in
this patient population.
4. To generate hypotheses regarding the association of various therapeutic interventions with outcomes
in this patient population.
5. To provide benchmark data for the development of quality improvement metrics.
6. To provide information to clinicians during the treatment process to facilitate informed decision
making by conducting quarterly review and discussion sessions with all participating investigators.
All subjects 18 years of age or older, diagnosed with NM will be included. This includes retrospective
population of subjects 18 years of age or older, who were diagnosed with and treated for NM. This may
include decedent’s information. Retrospective data will include the timeframe 01/01/2009 to