Advancing Treatment for Pediatric Craniopharyngioma: Prospective Pilot Study Identifying Clinically Relevant Biological Targets for Medical Therapy
Clinical Trial Information
Trial Contact: El-Shami, Jessica; Francois, Laetitia Claire; Leffin, Melissa; Spinelli, Jennifer
IRB No: 16.021.02
Protocol Abbrev: 14-0426
Principal Investigator: Amy A Smith, MD
Sub Investigators: Eslin, Don MD; AguilarBonilla, Ana MD; Levy, Alejandro MD; Giusti, Vincent MD; Sutphin, Robert MD; Story, Allison ARNP; Pope, Michele ARNP
Age Group: Pediatric
Secondary Protocol No: 14-0426
Applicable Disease Sites: Craniopharyngioma
We will analyze 35 samples of snap frozen pediatric CPA using advanced biological techniques. We will concomitantly collect clinical data that will be correlated with the biological characteristics of each subject’s tumor tissue. Lastly, because of the unique quality of life burden that CPA imposes, we will pilot an electronically based method for the assessment of short-term academic and behavioral outcomes in these patients. This project will inform the design a subsequent clinical trial of medical antitumor therapy as well as establish a multicenter working group for the ongoing study of children with CPA.
1) Patients between 0-21 years of age.
2) Patients with the diagnosis or clinical suspicion of craniopharyngioma in whom planned clinical management will include tissue sampling.
1) Patients in whom final pathology does not demonstrate adamantinomatous craniopharyngioma
2). Patients in whom tissue specimen is not obtained/available
3) Patients over 21 years of age.
4) Patients who choose not to participate