Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: 4 oz. cod, 1 1/4 cups beans & 2 Tbsp. sauce
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Total Time (mins): 20
Using just one skillet, this easy fish recipe cooks cod right on top of fresh green beans and uses the same pan to make a flavorful sauce. The result is perfectly flaky fish, tender-crisp vegetables, a savory pan sauce and very little cleanup.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound green and/or yellow wax beans, trimmed
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 1 1/4 pounds cod, cut into 4 portions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth or “no-chicken” broth
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beans and shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shallot starts to soften, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle both sides of cod with salt and pepper. Spread the beans into a flat layer in the pan and gently place the cod on top. Increase heat to high, add broth, cover and cook until the fish is just cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the cod and beans to a large serving plate or divide among 4 dinner plates; cover to keep warm. Cook the broth over high heat, uncovered, until reduced to about 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in pesto. Pour the sauce over the fish and beans and serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Per serving: 264 calories; 12 g fat (3 g sat, 7 g mono); 61 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrate; 0 g added sugars; 5 g total sugars; 26 g protein; 4 g fiber; 371 mg sodium; 747 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin B12 (41% daily value), Vitamin C (29% dv), Vitamin A (26% dv), Potassium (21% dv), Calcium (18% dv), Magnesium (17% dv), Folate (15% dv)
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
Access this Recipe & Others in the Digital Edition
The recipes in this collection provide vibrant & delicious options for a healthy lifestyle.