Recipe: Grilled Pineapple Salsa with Cucumber
Yield: 3 cups
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Active Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
To Make Ahead: Hold at room temperature for up to 2 hours or refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Habanero chile gives this caramelized pineapple salsa recipe a little spice. If you’re looking to tame the heat, try fresh jalapeños instead. Serve with grilled chicken or fish, as a dip with tortilla chips or on top of your favorite tacos.
- 1/2 large fresh pineapple, peeled, or 1 prepeeled pineapple, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and diced cucumber (1/4-inch)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, loosely packed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, or more to taste
- 1/2 habanero chile (including seeds), minced, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Oil the grill rack. Grill pineapple slices, turning once, until slightly charred on both sides, 12 to 15 minutes total. Let cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
- Cut the pineapple into 1/4-inch dice, discarding the core if necessary. Combine in a large bowl with cucumber, onion, cilantro, lime juice, chile and salt. Serve at room temperature.
Recipe Tips & Notes:
- Oiling a grill rack before you grill foods helps ensure that the food won’t stick. Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.)
Per serving: 15 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrate; 0 g added sugars; 2 g total sugars; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 48 mg sodium; 60 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (27% daily value)
0 Carbohydrate Serving(s)
Exchanges: free food
Scaling Disclaimer: EatingWell recipes are tested extensively in the EatingWell Test Kitchen. EatingWell cannot guarantee a recipe that has been scaled to make a different number of servings from the original. Also note that scaling only applies to the ingredient measurements: no adjustment is made to the recipe instructions, so pan sizes and cooking times and ingredient amounts referred to in the text of the recipe only apply to the original number of servings.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.