Ultrasound is a test using sound waves that are reflected. The echoes are recorded onto a picture called a sonogram. Your physician may order additional tests, such as a CT scan, if ultrasound findings are not normal. There are no risks with an ultrasound, and it is a test that is safe even during pregnancy. Dr. P. Phillips Hospital's Radiology Department offers a complete range of diagnostic imaging:
- DEXA scan
- CT (Computed Tomography) Scan
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- MRA (Magnetic Resonance Angiography)
- General x-rays
The Radiology Department is open seven days a week at 7:00am to 9:00pm and is located on the 2nd floor of Dr. P. Phillips Hospital. The CT scan is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for inpatients and emergencies. For your procedure, please allow approximately 1 hour for the CT scan to be completed.
- Pelvic, Renal, Endovaginal, First Trimester OB, Testicular - You must have a full bladder at the time of your ultrasound. Please drink 32 ounces of fluid at least 1 hour prior to your appointment. If your bladder is not full, you may be rescheduled.
- Abdomen, Gallbladder - Please do not eat or drink 6-8 hours prior to you scheduled appointment. Medications may be taken with small sips of water.
To schedule an appointment please call (321) 841-5724.
For more information about Dr. P. Phillips Hospital Radiology, please call (407) 351-8519.