Allied Health disciplines work in collaboration with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare disciplines to provide excellence in patient care and quality outcomes.
Allied Health practitioners at Orlando Health include:
- Therapists (Physical, Occupational, Respiratory, Recreation, Radiation)
- Occupational and Physical Therapy Assistants
- Speech Language Pathologists
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Licensed Laboratory Personnel
- Licensed Imaging and Cardiac Diagnostics / Therapeutic Personnel
- Nuclear Medicine Technologists
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (Cardiovascular and Vascular)
- Exercise Physiologist
- Emergency Medical Technicians
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (2015), employment of healthcare occupations is projected to increase by 19% from 2014-2024 which means 2.3 million new jobs. Healthcare jobs will add more jobs than any other occupation.