How to Apply
- Applications should be submitted via the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS), and all applicants must be registered with the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP). The deadline to submit applications is Nov. 1, but applications prior to October 15 are preferred. The application does not need to be complete to be submitted.
- Interviews: All interviews are arranged through our residency coordinators after initial selections have been made from ERAS submitted applications. Applicants will be contacted via the email address provided through ERAS. Interviews take place from October through January. For further information, email us at [email protected] or call us at 407.237.6329. For information on ERAS, access their website.
Residency Application Requirements
- Submission of an Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) application is the only method of applying to the residency
- Participation in the National Resident Match Program (NRMP) is the only route for acceptance into the program
- Completion of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) is required. Part 1 is required with the initial ERAS application. Successful completion of Parts 1 and 2 are preferred prior to the start of residency training.
- Successful graduation from an accredited medical school is required prior to the start of residency training.
- United States citizenship or possession and/or sponsorship of a J-1 VISA. Orlando Regional Medical Center does not sponsor any VISAs
Our interview day begins at 7:30am. This is so that we can introduce you to our program before you have the opportunity to observe some of our morning conferences. You will be introduced to some of our staff at that conference, and will be able to meet many more throughout your day at ORMC. Our day ends in the early afternoon, and all interviewees are more than welcome to stay for a period of observation in the ED if you are interested!
- 7:30-8:30 Breakfast with the Program Director
- 8:30-9:00 Applicants attend conference
- 9:15-9:45 Resident Presentation
- 10:00-12:00 Interviews
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch
- 1:00-2:00 Tour of Facilities
- 2:00-2:30 Closing Thoughts
The Medical Education Building is a 2-story building at the intersection of Underwood Street and Lucerne Terrace. It is within easy walking distance of the main hospital building as well as the parking garage. Further instructions will be provided after scheduling your interview. It is very important that interviewees arrive on time, as we will be changing locations throughout the day!