Dear Interested Volunteer:
Thank you for your interest in the Hubbard House Volunteer Program! The families we serve at Hubbard House are here during a critical time and as a volunteer you will help create the warm and caring atmosphere for our guests during their greatest time of need.
Before you begin as a volunteer, it is the policy of Orlando Health that each volunteer be tested for tuberculosis (2 Step-PPD Skin Test), undergo a drug and alcohol screening, and complete a criminal background check. All testing is done free of charge at our Occupational Health facility, located at Lucerne Pavilion.
- Please review all forms listed below and read them carefully.
- Online Application that includes Application, Alcohol/Drug Testing consent, Tuberculosis Testing consent and Criminal Background Check consent
- Service Areas - Explains the different responsibilities around the house. Fill this out to let us know what interests you.
- Hubbard House Fact Sheet
- Map to Occupational Health at Lucerne Pavilion
To complete the adult online application, please click on the following link:
We also welcome teenage volunteers, age 15 and up into our program, and we thank you for your willingness to make a difference in someone else's life.
Please print the application packet and the service areas and review them carefully. Once you have completed each form in its entirety, you may return them to:
Attn: Volunteer Services, Brelenda Tolliver
29 West Miller Street, Orlando, FL 32806
We will be call you soon after we receive your application to set up an interview. Your interest, caring and commitment are greatly appreciated and we look forward to meeting with you! Please call us if you have any questions.
Please note: We do not accept applications from those attempting to complete court-ordered community service hours.
Referrals to stay at Hubbard House come from chaplains, guest services, doctors and nursing staff members. Referrals are based on the severity of the patient's condition as well as the traveling distance of the patient's family members.
A nominal donation is requested to help cover operating costs. However, any contribution is welcomed to help continue our effort. We do not turn anyone away.
Hubbard House is a Hospitality Home for families of critical care patients at an Orlando Health facility and for cancer patients receiving treatment at Orlando Health UF Health Cancer Center.
Hubbard House Host/Hostess (Information Desk)
- Answer guest questions
- Check out videos and computer keys
- Help organize front desk area
- Answer phone calls
- Assist guests as needed
- Conduct tours of the house for guests and new volunteers
- Registration process
- Make guest packets
- Explain guest responsibilities
- Restock vacant rooms
- Clean rooms and bathrooms
- Restock and organize kitchen
- Restock amenity closet
- Other light housekeeping
Culinary Artists (Cooking and Food Preparation)
- Prepare guests meals
- Assist in setup of lunch and dinner meals
- Kitchen clean up
- Staff Support
- Clerical help (typing, filing, etc.)
- Computer data entry
- Mail runs
- Various projects for the staff
- Talk and encourage guests
- Deliver flowers/cards to the guests
- Check on guests
- Visit with guests at the hospital
- Bring food, drink, books, etc., as needed to guest when they are visiting patients at the hospital
Not everyone's talents fit into a specific category. If you do not see one of the above task that would fit with you, but know we could still use your talents at the Hubbard House, let us know what it is you would like to do.
Group Volunteer Opportunities:
- Small groups of 6-8 people are invited to volunteer with us! Prepare a meal at the house for our guests, bake breads or desserts, or assist with house projects. There is no time commitment, and it is an excellent team building exercise for you and your teammates. Please contact us for more details.
- "Adopt-a-Room" - send letters of encouragement, welcome baskets, gifts, baked goods-anything to help our guests feel loved and at home during their stay.
- Knit a "Healing Shawl" for our cancer patients. Upon arrival, all cancer patients receive a shawl to comfort them during treatment. Directions will be provided, please contact us for more information.
- Hold a "drive" for the house or make a personal donation. Please see our wish list for a list of ongoing needs at the Hubbard House.