* If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911 immediately. *
Wael Nasser, MD - Pulmonary Disease
Talk to a Representative(321) 843-3627
Orlando Health Medical Group Lung and Sleep Medicine
Address: 1222 S Orange Ave
Orlando, FL 32806
Monday – Thursday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Friday, 8:00 am – 2:30 pm
Wael Nasser, MD, is a pulmonary and critical care physician with Orlando Health Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine Group. Dr. Nasser is board-certified in critical care, pulmonary disease and internal medicine. His clinical interests include ICU and pulmonary ultrasonography, mechanical ventilation and the treatment of sepsis, pleural diseases and acute respiratory distress syndrome.
Dr. Nasser earned his medical degree from the University of Damascus Medical School, Syria, graduating in the top 1 percent. He completed his internal medicine residency and his pulmonary critical care fellowship at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
In 2011, Dr. Nasser became an assistant professor in the Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine division at the University of Florida College of Medicine where he retains academic privileges. He was awarded the Excellence in Teaching fellow award by the University of Tennessee Health Science Center and continues to deliver lectures and presentations for pulmonary fellows, medical residents and students at Orlando Regional Medical Center. He has participated in multiple research projects relating to critical care and mechanical ventilation.
Dr. Nasser has been published in multiple peer-reviewed journals. He is a member of the American College of Chest Physicians, the American Thoracic Society and the Society of Critical Care Medicine.
- Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine Critical Care
- American Board of Internal Medicine-Pulmonary Dis
- American Board of Internal Medicine
Medical EducationUniversity of Damascus
ResidencyUniversity of Tennessee College of Medicine
FellowshipUniversity of Tennessee College of Medicine
Orlando Health Medical Group Lung and Sleep Medicine
1222 S Orange Ave
Orlando, FL 32806 Phone: (321) 841-7856
This is a comprehensive list of insurances accepted at Orlando Health hospitals, outpatient services and physician groups. Be sure to contact your individual insurer to verify coverage. Not all providers accept the same insurance. If possible, check with your providers prior to your procedure or appointment to verify coverage.
- Baycare Health System (BAYFRONT ONLY)
- Beacon Health Options (South Seminole Behavioral Health)
- Beacon Health Strategies (South Seminole Behavioral Health)
- Beech Street Network
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Medicare Advantage
- Blue Cross Blue Shield – Truli for Health
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - BlueOptions
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Health Options - Blue Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Preferred Patient Care
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - Simply Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield/Florida Blue - my Blue
- CEGA Group Services International
- CIGNA Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Behavioral Health (South Seminole Behavioral Health)
- CIGNA Healthcare
- CIGNA Healthcare/CIGNA Disney/Great West
- Care Centrix
- CarePlus Medicare Advantage
- Carrum Health
- Cenpatico Behavioral Health (South Seminole Behavioral Health)
- Central Florida Orthopedic Association IPA
- Cigna HealthSpring Medicare Advantage
- Correct Care Solutions – Federal Correctional Complex Coleman
- Coventry Health Care of Florida
- Coventry National Network
- HGR Construction, Inc.
- Health First Health Plans **Authorization Required – Limited/Tertiary Services Only**
- Health Systems International
- Heritage Summit Healthcare
- Humana Behavioral Health (South Seminole Behavioral Health)
- Humana Commercial/ChoiceCare PPO/ASC
- Humana Gold Health Plans Medicare Advantage
- Humana Medicaid Managed Medical Assistance
- Hygeia Insurance - International
- Occunet (Orlando City/Global Sports)
- Occunet Joint SJS
- Occunet VA CCN
- Orange County Corrections
- Orlando Health Network - OH Team Member Health Plan
- Oscar (Bayfront ONLY)
- PNS - Podiatry
- Pinellas County Health Plan (BAYFRONT ONLY)
- Pinellas County Sherriff's Office (BAYFRONT ONLY)
- Prime Health Services
- Private Healthcare Systems
- Select Specialty (Services Agreement)
- Simply Florida Healthy Kids
- Simply Healthcare Clear Health Alliance Medicaid MMA Specialty Plan for HIV/AIDS
- Simply Healthcare FHK
- Simply Healthcare Medicaid MMA, Medicare Advantage, FHK
- Solis Health Plans Medicare Advantage
- Sunshine State Health Plan (Medicaid/Medicare)
- Surgery One IPA
- USA Managed Care Organization - USAMCO
- Ultimate Health Plans
- United BH (South Seminole Behavioral Health)
- United Healthcare Commercial
- United Healthcare International
- United Healthcare Medicare Advantage, Medicaid
- United Neighborhood Health Partnership – NHP (BAYFRONT ONLY)
Why do some Orlando Health physicians not have a patient experience rating?
The Patient Satisfaction Rating is an average of all responses to the care provider related questions, shown above, from our nationally-recognized Press-Ganey Patient Satisfaction Survey. Patients that are treated in outpatient or hospital environments may receive different surveys, and the volume of responses will vary by question.
Responses are measured on a scale of 1 to 5, with 5 being the best score.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their views and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Orlando Health.
Ratings may not be present for certain physicians of Orlando Health Physician Group and Orlando Health Physician Associates because:
- The physician has not yet met the minimum number of 30 patient satisfaction surveys to be eligible for display.
- They may be a researcher or type of provider that does not see patients.
- They may practice in a specialty or office that has not yet implemented the specified surveys used for these ratings.