Title: Building Engineer
Dept. Director: Facilities Manager
Supervisor: Facilities Manager
Location: Orlando, FL
The Building Engineer is responsible for maintaining the equipment and structural integrity of the health centers. The Building Engineer assists the Department Manager and Office Managers in managing Physician Associates physical plants and equipment in an efficient and cost-effective manner. The Building Engineer performs routine maintenance and other related activities that keep the facilities operating at top efficiency.
- Schedules and performs routine maintenance on equipment, structural as well as mechanical, documenting resultant information.
- Identifies the need for maintenance on equipment, irrigation systems, lighting and other structural problems and initiates proper action to correct the situation.
- Schedules and coordinates contract maintenance and repairs.
- Performs routine maintenance and minor repairs not covered by contracts or on an urgent basis, such as plumbing, carpentry, replacing lights, and exterior cleaning.
- Develops familiarity with facility operations and communicates with contractors concerning structural and finishing details, mechanical systems, fire and safety and security systems. Evaluates proposed structural finishing and equipment changes or additions for compatibility with existing systems, safety features, and efficiency.
- Transports and sets up heavy supplies, equipment and furniture.
- Maintains responsibility for partial on-call duties for after hours facility emergencies.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 to 100 pounds (Must wear approved back brace at all times while lifting anything 25 pounds or greater).
- Ability to endure long periods of standing.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders to various elevations.
- Ability to endure workshop conditions (sawdust, chemical fumes, etc.).
- High School or equivalent. Experience can be substituted for education.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- 3-5 years experience in minor plumbing, minor electrical and carpentry.
- Previous experience in maintenance management.
- Must possess valid Florida Operator’s license with no violations.
- HVAC experience preferred.
To apply send your resume and title of position to firstname.lastname@example.org