Diabetes Scheduler - Altamonte Springs - Full-time
Title: Referral Coordinator
Department: Diabetes Program
Dept. Director: Office Manager
Supervisor: Office Manager
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
The Diabetes Scheduler is responsible for answering all incoming phone calls, scheduling/rescheduling and confirming patients’ appointments, and verifying insurance.
- Answers all incoming phone calls within Physician Associates phone standards.
- Responds to questions or refers to the appropriate staff member.
- Tracks patients’ referrals and ensure that patients are scheduled.
- Schedules, reschedules and confirms appointments.
- Verifies eligibility and coverage for Diabetes Self-Management Training (DSMT) and Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) as required by health plans for all patients.
- Obtains referral authorization if require by the health plan.
- Greets patients at their appointments.
- Reviews new patients’ registration and enters in designated system.
- Collects co-pay during patients’ appointments.
- Maintains patient and diabetes program records.
- Performs data entry for the diabetes program data collection.
- Types reports and letters, and files appropriately.
- Organizes and maintains the diabetes program environment.
- Maintains supplies.
- Performs additional duties related to the diabetes program as required.
- Ability to see, hear, speak and write clearly.
- Ability to sit for several hours at a time.
- Ability to work on a computer.
- Ability to travel to other diabetes program locations.
- Ability to work some evening and Saturday hours.
- Ability to lift minimally.
- Ability to perform fine motor functions.
- Ability to tolerate periods of high stress.
Education/ Experience/ Requirements
- High school diploma or GED. Experience can substitute for education.
- Previous experience in a physician’s office, clinic or hospital.
- Medical terminology knowledge.
- Experience scheduling health care appointments.
- Knowledge of medical insurance/authorization process.
- Customer service experience.
- Familiarization with computers.
To apply send your resume and title of position to firstname.lastname@example.org