Title: Medical Registration Clerk
Department: Medical Unit
Dept. Director: Office Manager
Supervisor: Office Manager
Location: Orlando, FL 32812
The Surgery Scheduler supports the clinical unit with clerical activities. He/She coordinates all external and some internal services. He/She is responsible for scheduling consultations, diagnostic testing and surgical procedures. He/She inputs referrals and authorizations into a data bank. He/She coordinates follow/up care with the referral physicians as approved by a Physician Associates physician. He/She coordinates all related services in a pleasant and professional manner for patients as directed by the Physician Associates physician.
- Calls Hospital & Surgery Centers to schedule surgeries.
- Inputs Physician surgeries into Misys surgery schedule as well as maintaining Physician's calendar.
- Notifies appropriate CBO staff of pending surgeries and faxes appropriate forms.
- Verifies Insurance for appropriate authorization and patient's percentage if required.
- Notifies CBO of upcoming surgeries to obtain patients responsibilities if any are required.
- Schedules & Obtains medical clearance from primary care physician
- Schedules Pre-Admissions testing at Hospital
- Ability to see, hear, speak and write clearly.
- Ability to sit for several hours at a time.
- Ability to work on a computer.
- Ability to travel to other health centers.
- Ability to lift minimally.
- Ability to perform fine motor functions.
- Ability to tolerate periods of high stress.
- High school diploma or GED. Experience can substitute for education.
- Previous experience in a physician’s office, clinic or hospital.
- Medical terminology knowledge.
- Experience scheduling healthcare appointments.
- Minimal familiarization with computers.
- Experience with office equipment, including computers, calculators, fax machines and copiers.
To apply send your resume and title of position to firstname.lastname@example.org