Title: Office Coordinator / Administrative Assistant
Dept. Director: Office Manager
Supervisor: Office Manager
Location: Ocoee, FL 34761
Responsible for providing coordination between the CBO and the health center for patient billing services, which includes ensuring that all encounters, reports, and requests for financial/billing information are provided to the CBO in a timely fashion. The incumbent orders office supplies and maintains inventory control of those supplies. S/he will supervise the daily functions of the front desk (cashier), phone reception, main phone reception, and medical records staff.
- Supervises main receptionist, phone receptionists, and front desk receptionists, including preparing their schedules. Oversees work distribution and flow of department. Acts as a resource to the receptionist when issues regarding registration, insurance and collection arise.
- On a daily basis, reviews all encounter forms for completeness including CPT and ICD-10 coding, before they are sent to the CBO for entry.
- Prepares daily cash reconciliation and audits batches in system to ensure proper closing procedures.
- Ensures that batches are sent to CBO within 48 hours from date of service and that they have proper attachments: deposit slip copy, batch summary, reconciliation report, and corresponding encounter forms.
- Provides assistance to the CBO staff as needed when questions arise. Assists in tracking the missing encounter and hold reports.
- Provides assistance to patients in the Center regarding any questions concerning billing that may arise such as lab bills or questions concerning their current balance with Physician Associates.
- Performs clerical functions as requested.
- Orders office supplies within budgetary guidelines and maintains inventory to the most cost-efficient par levels.
- Performs opening and closing of Center following checklist.
- Makes daily bank deposit.
- Provides back-up to office functions such as referrals and medical records.
- Provides resources, makes necessary phone calls and takes appropriate action in the event of an emergency or catastrophe. Functions as the primary contact for the Administrative office on administrative issues.
- Resolves patient concerns promptly, interfacing with staff. Summarizes patient complaints monthly and annually, noting trends and communicating results.
- Performs master templating of Center schedules for physicians, dexa and lab department and nurse only.
- Exhibits customer service skills, flexibility and a “team player” attitude. Handles confidential materials in a professional and responsible manner.
- Handles special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Ability to see, hear, speak, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to travel within the Orlando area.
- Ability to ambulate within the building.
- Ability to use a 10-key adding machine.
- Ability to operate PC/printer/fax machine.
- High School diploma. Experience can substitute for education.
- Two to five years medical front office experience.
- Minimum one-year supervisory experience.
- Good organizational skills.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Experience in word processing/spreadsheet software.
- Ability to type 40 wpm.