Title: Patient Service Coordinator
Department: Family Medicine/Internal Medicine/Pediatrics/Ob-Gyn
Dept. Director: Office Manager
Supervisor: Office Manager
Location: Orlando, FL 32817
This position is responsible for answering all incoming calls related to the practice; will then transfer all calls to appropriate personnel. Responsible for timely and accurate patient registration. Will perform cashier duties including collection of fees, review coding of patient office visits for completion, review charge tickets, post patients’ payment at the time of service. Will maintain a balanced cash drawer and make up new patients’ charts. Will make daily appointments, follow-up appointments and appointments for X-ray reports, consult reports, etc., retrieving charts from medical records. Will maintain patient confidentiality.
- Answers primary phone lines.
- Schedules appointments and re-appointments.
- Pre-registers new patients using proper registration forms to complete; enters information into computer.
- Collects co-payments at time of appointment.
- Records all collected payments.
- Ensures that patient office visits are coded appropriately and consistently on patient charge tickets.
- Schedules testing and referral appoints for patients per physicians’ instructions, as needed.
- Collects all patient due balances; processes all monies; posts payments at time of service including any co-payments and deductibles.
- Answers questions regarding patient accounts accurately and courteously and initiates error corrections as appropriate.
- Collects any past due accounts at time of appointment or refers patients who are unable or unwilling to pay to the Patient Account Representative for financial counseling.
- Maintains cash drawer and assists in deposit preparation as instructed.
- Records all collected payments and reconciles cash/check balances at the end of the day.
- Ensures that charts are pulled for next day appointments.
- Ensures charts are filed at the end of the day.
- Files all information into the charts; retrieves charts from medical records.
- Receives and processes referrals and pre-authorizations for services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ensures that the lobby is kept in an orderly fashion.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Ability to see for visual review of money, charts, encounters and schedules for identification.
- Ability to verbally communicate for telephone communication.
- Ability to hear in order to perform Main Reception responsibilities.
- Ability to ambulate throughout the health center.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- High School diploma or GED. Experience can substitute for education.
- Previous experience in a physician’s office, clinic or hospital.
- Medical terminology knowledge.
- Experience scheduling health care appointments.
- Customer Service experience.
- Minimal familiarization with computers.
- ICD-10 coding and/or medical experience preferred.
- Ability to type at least 35 WPM.
To apply send your resume and title of position to email@example.com