Referral Coordinator Winter Park Full-time
Title: Referral Coordinator
Department: Centralized Referral Department
Dept. Director: Director of Operations
Supervisor: Referral Coordinator Supervisor
Location: Winter Park, FL 32789
The Referral Coordinator supports the clinical unit with clerical activities. He/She coordinates all external and some internal services. He/She is responsible for scheduling consultations, diagnostic testing and surgical procedures. He/She inputs referrals and authorizations into a data bank. He/She coordinates follow-up care with the referral physicians as approved by a Physician Associates physician. He/She coordinates all related services in a pleasant and professional manner for patients as directed by the Physician Associates physician.
- Responsible for order entry into the Allscripts system.
- Coordinates and schedules referrals when necessary per Physician Associates policy. Ensures that all necessary medical records are forwarded to referral provider in conjunction with HIM.
- Acts as a resource for Physician Associates staff and patients with questions regarding referral policies and procedures. Provides internal and external referral coordination.
- Inputs all authorization information into data base including, diagnostic and procedure codes. He/She will obtain appropriate authorizations as needed.
- Refers requests for emergency care and urgent care or medical advice to the appropriate staff member.
- Acts as a resource for Physician Associates staff and patients with questions regarding insurance benefits.
- Contacts patients with information concerning tests ordered by a Physician Associates provider as necessary.
- Orders and/or directs patients for outside X-rays and tests including mammograms, ultrasounds, etc.
- Helps to maintain daily flow by assisting Supervisor as directed.
- Works effectively as a member of a patient care team and contributes suggestions for improving unit and organization operations. Completes other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to see, hear, speak and write clearly.
- Ability to sit for several hours at a time.
- Ability to work on a computer.
- Ability to travel to other health centers.
- Ability to lift minimally.
- Ability to perform fine motor functions.
- Ability to tolerate periods of high stress.
- High school diploma or GED. Experience can substitute for education.
- Previous experience in a physician’s office, clinic or hospital processing referrals.
- Medical terminology knowledge.
- Experience scheduling healthcare appointments.
- Experience with office equipment, including computers, calculators, fax machines and copiers.
To apply send your resume and title of position to email@example.com