Department: Medical Unit
Dept. Director: Office Manager
Supervisor: Office Manager
Location: Lake Mary, FL 32746
Create and maintain the patient medical record under the supervision of the physician.
- Manages all patient medical records. Accurately and efficiently inputs patient medical history and surgical history; enters review of systems, maintains medicine administration, lab orders, imaging orders, in an effort to create a Note in Allscripts under the direct supervision of the physician.
- Keeps open lines of communication with the MIS department in terms of troubleshooting and suggestions for ALLSCRIPTS.
- Effectively and proactively communicates IT and clinical issues with supervising physician.
- Attends meetings at health centers periodically to maintain contact with providers and staff.
- Works effectively as a member of a patient care team and contributes suggestions for improving the unit and organization operations.
- Attend required medical in-service training for position advancement.
- Ability to see, hear and speak clearly.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Preferred enrolled in a BA program or college graduate. Experience can substitute for education.
- Career goals in medicine including MD/DO/NP
- Medical Terminology Knowledge
- Proficient in computers and keyboarding
Required tasks routinely involve a potential for mucous membranes or skin contact with blood, body fluids, tissues or potential spills or splashes. Use of appropriate measures is required for every healthcare provider in this position.