Staff RN - Orlando - Internal Medicine - Full-time
Title: Staff RN
Department: Medical Unit
Dept. Director: Director, Health Center Operations
Supervisor: Office Manager
Location: Orlando, FL 32806
The Staff RN coordinates the timely flow of patient interactions by accurately preparing the patient, room, record, equipment, and supplies based on the patient's complaint, status and anticipation of provider need. The Staff RN assists with procedures, administers medications, performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as ordered, responds to emergency or urgent requests for medical care, provides medical advice or health education information as approved, maintains unit equipment, supplies and inventory; and other activities as may be directed from time to time.
1. Coordinates the timely flow of patient interaction by accurately ascertaining the patient's complaint, history and current physical status and then preparing the patient and exam room, collecting the appropriate equipment or supplies, and checking the medical record for completeness. Maintains equipment and adequate supplies and medications for the medical unit.
2. Completes patient encounter forms as appropriate, including COB information.
3. Assists with special procedures, including minor surgeries. Monitors patient recovery from procedures. Performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as ordered. Verifies patient understanding of procedures and assures appropriate written consent has been obtained prior to procedure.
4. Administers medications as ordered, after determining patient's understanding of the medication. Administers IV medications and starts IV's.
5. Responds to all requests for emergency or urgent medical care according to approved guidelines and protocols. Requests may be in the center or by phone. Educates patients and families according to clinical need using approved guidelines and in coordination with physician. Responds to and resolves patient concerns and questions, including medical care issues and/or Physician Associates policies and procedures, either in the center or by phone. Maintains a caring professional manner. Directs problems to appropriate people, i.e., Helath Center Administrator, Team Leader, Provider, Risk Manager or PSS.
6. Documents nursing activities in center as well as on the phone in an appropriate and complete manner, according to Physician Associates protocols. Documents results and patient related communications where appropriate. Documents patient response to medication administration and procedures. Assures that all necessary call backs are completed prior to leaving unit.
7. Assists with the closing of the facility by completing the daily checklist as assigned.
8. Works effectively as a member of a patient care team and contributes suggestions for improving unit organization operations. May be asked to assume responsibility for unit/center activities in the absence of Lead RN/Team Leader/HCA/and Case Manager. May be asked to cross-train in other positions on the unit. Participates in Quality Assurance activities as a member of the health care team. Maintains open and positive attitude to internal and external customers. Appears professional in conduct and actions.
9. Maintains current licensure as mandated by the Department of Professional Regualtion. Maintain knowledge base by participating in continuing education programs.
10. Performs any and all other assigned duties.
1. Ability to ambulate.
2. Ability to communicate by phone using standard telephone equipment.
3. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
4. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and assist with patient ransfer from wheelchair to table.
5. Ability to visually assess patients and equipment.
6. Ability to use a computer.
1. Successful graduation from an accredited nursing program.
2. Valid Florida nursing license.
3. Must complete Physician Associates "Telephone Advice Training Program" within 3 months of employment.
Required tasks routinely involve a potential for mucous membranes or skin contact with blood, body fluids, tissues or potential spills or splashes. Use of appropriate measures is required for every health care provider in this position.
To apply send your resume and title of position to firstname.lastname@example.org