Position: X-Ray Technician
Supervisor: Physician/Office Manager
Location: Orlando and Oviedo, FL
The X-Ray Technician prepares patients for radiological procedure by positioning patient, adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into specific position, adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors; documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records; gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties, providing explanations of treatment and answering questions; maintains the radiology supply inventory by checking stock, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies; complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation.
- Prepares patient radiological procedures and perform X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety.
- Protects patients, self and staff from radiation exposure by practicing sound procedures which meet or exceed recommended industry standards.
- Develops and processes radiological film.
- Obtains quality diagnostic radiographs as requested by physicians.
- Ensures that all equipment is in good working condition and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Reports immediately equipment malfunctions to Supervisor.
- Logs completed radiological procedures. Complete paperwork accurately and on time.
- Identifies and files reports as required.
- Maintains examination rooms. Stocks necessary office and radiological supplies.
- Works closely with the physician to receive guidance and instruction for treating patients.
- Completes appropriate documentation on all patients examined.
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology to perform x-ray testing.
- Knowledge of radiology equipment.
- Knowledge of safety hazards common to radiology including equipment, body mechanics, and patient movement.
- Skill in properly positioning patients.
- Skill in identifying equipment problems.
- Knowledge of examination and diagnostic procedures.
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of radiological equipment and instruments.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of Florida basic x-ray course.
- Florida Basic X-Ray Tech license.
- 2-5 years experience, orthopedics a plus.
Required tasks routinely involve a potential for mucous membranes or skin contact with blood. Body fluids, tissues or potential spills or splashes. Use of appropriate measures is required for every healthcare provider in this position.
To apply send your resume and title of position to [email protected]