Dr. Phillips Location
Patients are seen Monday through Friday, by appointment only. We also offer same-day emergency visits for established patients, by appointment only.
New Patient Instructions
- You will need to bring a picture ID and current insurance card to your appointment.
- We recommend you arrive a minimum of 30 minutes before your appointment time to complete the check-in process.
- New patient appointments require an 8-hour fast for laboratory work. Please take your normal medications with water the morning of your appointment.
- Bring all medications to your appointment.
- For HMO patients, we ask that you verify with your insurance company that one of our physicians has been registered as your primary care provider (PCP) before arrival.
We ask that all prescription refills be requested at the time of your visit. You may also request refills from your pharmacy. A 24 hour notice is required on all refill requests.
If you have any questions about an invoice or insurance bill, contact our billing department at 321.841.3900.
Many insurance companies require us to obtain referrals and authorizations for our patients to see a specialist or for diagnostic tests, such as CT scans, MRIs and X-rays. We ask that you call the office at least 72 hours in advance, with complete physician information.
Downtown Orlando Location
Patient appointments are available Monday through Friday, by appointment only. Our office hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. We also offer same-day “sick” visits for established patients, by appointment only.
We ask that all prescription refills be requested at the time of your visit. You may also request refills through your pharmacy or via the patient portal. See a team member for additional Patient Portal information.
If you have any questions about an invoice or insurance bill, please contact our billing department directly at 321.841.3900.
Many insurance companies require us to obtain referrals and authorizations for our patients to see a specialist, or for diagnostic tests, such as CT scans, MRIs and X-rays. If you need a referral from our office, we ask that you contact the office at least 72 hours in advance. Please have the following information available: all appointment-related information, including physician or facility information, type of appointment, reason for appointment, and any other pertinent information.
CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR 24 HOURS A DAY
If you are having a medical emergency, CALL 911
After Office Hours:
Call us at 321.841.6600 and follow the prompts to reach a clinical team member who can help you.
During Office Hours:
Monday – Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
For routine appointments, urgent care needs, or other questions/concerns, call us at 321.841.6600 and follow the prompts to reach a clinical team member who can help you.
WHAT IS A PATIENT CENTERED MEDICAL HOME?
Dear Valued Patient,
Thank you for choosing our Internal Medicine practice for your healthcare needs. We believe the focus of care should be on our patients and their relationships with their doctors. As such, we are excited to tell you that we are redesigning our practice into a Patient Centered Medical Home.
What is a Patient Centered Medical Home?
A Patient Centered Medical Home is called a “home” because we want it to be the first place you think of for all your medical needs. Our goal is to make it easy and comfortable for you to get the care you need, in a way that works best for you. Within our “home,” we will encourage an affiliation between you and your healthcare team to coordinate the services you need while also providing the best care possible. The focus is on you.
As your Primary Care/Patient Centered Medical Home Team, we pledge to:
- Learn all about you, your history, your care preferences and your health goals.
- Explain diseases, treatments and results in an easy-to-understand way.
- Keep treatments, discussions and records private.
- Be available to you during and after regular business hours for your care needs. Provide instructions on how to meet your healthcare needs after hours.
- Give you clear directions about treatments and medications.
- Listen to your questions and concerns to help you make decisions about your care.
- Send you to trusted experts if needed and coordinate with those experts about your care.
- Be sure to communicate: a) test results in a timely fashion; b) information about alternative services to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle; and c) updates on vaccines and screenings
- End every visit with clear instructions about expectations, treatments and future plans.
We trust you, as our patient, to:
- Know that you are a full partner in your care.
- Ask questions and share your feelings.
- Be honest about your history, symptoms and other important information. Prepare for and keep scheduled appointments or reschedule as early as possible.
- Let us know when you have seen another doctor or received other healthcare services so we can be sure we are all working together for you.
- Make healthy decisions about your daily habits and lifestyle.
- Learn about and understand your condition.
- Follow the plan you and your doctor agreed upon, including taking medications as directed.
- Call your doctor first, with all problems, unless it is a medical emergency.
- End every visit with a clear understanding of your doctor’s expectations, treatment goals and future plans.
- Give us feedback to help us improve our care for you.
Our Patient Centered Medical Home provides a means for you to stay informed and involved in your healthcare. You are at the center of this team, and we look forward to serving you and your families’ healthcare needs.
The Internal Medicine Healthcare Team