Self-Screening for COVID-19 Symptoms
Early recognition of COVID-19 symptoms can greatly reduce the risk of spreading the virus among teachers, students and family members as kids return to school. Some symptoms are widely known while others are less common. It’s important you and your family review these symptoms and self-screen every day before sending your kids to school.
Daily Self-Screening Checklist
There are many conditions and risk factors that could indicate a case of COVID-19. It is important that you review each of these.
- Fever (temperature of 100 F or greater)
- Shortness of breath
- Dry cough
- Sore throat
- Runny nose or nasal congestion
- GI symptoms like nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Disequilibrium like dizziness
- Muscle aches
- General weakness
- Chills (sometimes with shaking)
- Close unprotected contact in past 14 days with a person known to have COVID-19
If you are experiencing illness, including COVID-19 symptoms, you should stay home and away from public places. Seek evaluation from your medical provider or contact Orlando Health Virtual Visit for on-demand care 24/7.
Downloadable Symptom-Checking Chart
Make daily self-screenings fun for the whole family and chart each family member’s results.