Fast Facts on Prediabetes and Diabetes
According to the recent data from the CDC,
- 34 million adults have diabetes.
- 88 million adults have prediabetes.
Read the full CDC report by clicking the link below:
Benefits of Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support
Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support has been shown to:
- Be cost effective by reducing hospital admissions and readmissions, as well as estimated lifetime healthcare costs related to a lower risk for complications
- Improve hemoglobin A1c by as much as 1 percent in people with type 2 diabetes
- Reduce the onset and/or advancement of diabetes complications, to improve quality of life
The Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support services consist of three interactive group classes, 2-3 hour long.
- You will discuss and be provided with guidance on how to manage diabetes on a day to day basis with our Diabetes Care and Education Specialist.
- The goals of these sessions are to increase your knowledge and skills about the disease and promote behaviors for self-management.
- Throughout the classes, many aspects of diabetes self-management will be covered such as healthy eating, being active, monitoring, medications, problem solving, healthy coping and how to reduce your risk for chronic diabetes complications
Individual diabetes classes are available for qualified participants.
To attend the diabetes classes, you will need:
- A referral from your primary care physician and/or authorization from your insurance carrier
- A copy of your most recent laboratory results
- A copy of the most recent office notes
Most insurance companies, including Medicare Part B, cover some and/or all the diabetes classes cost with a referral from your physician. We can review the specifics of your insurance or other payment options when you make your appointment.
Self-pay discount and budget plan are available.
You must register for classes due to limited space availability.
For more information or register for a class, call us at:
Phone: (321) 842-6436
Fax: (321) 843-6211