Fast Facts on Diabetes
- 30.3 million people have diabetes in the U.S.
- 23.1 million people have been diagnosed
- 7.2 million people are undiagnosed
It has been projected that 1 in 3 individuals will develop type 2 diabetes by 2050.
Benefits of Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support
Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support has been shown to:
- Be cost effective by reducing hospital admissions and readmissions, as well as estimated lifetime healthcare costs related to a lower risk for complications
- Improve hemoglobin A1c by as much as 1 percent in people with type 2 diabetes
- Reduce the onset and/or advancement of diabetes complications, to improve quality of life
DSMT is offered as a series of three group classes. Each class is a 2-3 hour long. Individual class is available for qualified participant.
Topics such as exercise, nutrition, diabetes medications, self monitoring blood glucose, problem solving, and behavior change will be discussed.
To attend the program, you need:
- A referral from your primary care physician and/or authorization from your insurance carrier
- A copy of your most recent laboratory results
- A copy of the most recent office notes
Most insurance companies, including Medicare Part B, cover some and/or all the diabetes classes cost with a referral from your physician. We can review the specifics of your insurance or other payment options when you make your appointment.
Self-pay discount and budget plan are available.
You must register for classes due to limited space availability.
For more information or register for a class, call us at: