Inpatient TBI Rehabilitation
Following a brain injury, clients can experience mild, moderate or severe motor dysfunction, visual impairments, cognitive/communication deficits, and/or a loss of basic skills that result in loss of independence. Our interdisciplinary team offers specialized, evidenced based rehabilitation in behavioral intervention, motor recovery, cognitive/communication rehabilitation, community re-integration and family support to include education and training.
Family members are an integral part of client recovery following brain injury; therefore, our dedicated clinicians are here to provide extensive education and training to better equip you in handling the unique challenges of brain injury post discharge. Social work staff will assist you and your loved one in preparing for discharge into the community, seeking out community resources, and navigating our continuum of care to access our specialized outpatient services.
Outpatient TBI Rehabilitation
Our team of highly trained and experienced outpatient rehabilitation clinicians, many of whom are Certified Brain Injury Specialists, utilizes a patient centered approach to improve function related to changes in physical ability, balance, cognition, speech, language, swallowing, or voice. Our programs incorporate a team approach to treatment which may include:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Nurse Case Management
We utilize the most current evidenced based practices and the latest technology to further improve our outcomes. Included in our technology and services are:
- NeuroCom SMART Equitest ® Balance System
- Bioness® (Functional Electrical Stimulation for both upper and lower extremities)
- RT 300® (Functional Electrical Stimulation bicycle and hand cycle)
- Standing Frames
- Lite Gait® system
- Driving Evaluations
- VitalStim® and Guardian® Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation to improve swallowing function
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment ®
- Wheelchair seating clinic to include comprehensive assessment and Pressure Mapping
- Assistive Technology assessment and training including the use of the IPAD
Working closely with physicians, community organizations, and state and local agencies we are able to assist our patients to achieve the best possible personal outcome and to optimize community integration.