Self-Screening for COVID-19 Symptoms
Early recognition of COVID-19 symptoms can greatly reduce the risk of spreading the virus from one person to another. Some symptoms are widely known while others are less common. It is important you and your family review these symptoms and self-screen every day to keep yourself and others safe.
Daily Self-Screening Checklist
There are many conditions and risk factors that could indicate a case of COVID-19. It is important that you review each of these.
- Fever (temperature of 100 F o r greater)
- Shortness of breath
- Dry cough
- Sore throat
- Runny nose or nasal congestion
- GI symptoms like nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Disequilibrium like dizziness
- Muscle aches
- General weakness
- Chills (sometimes with shaking)
- Close unprotected contact in past 14 days with a person known to have COVID-19
- Travel within last 14 days from an area with ongoing spread of COVID-19
If you are experiencing illness, including COVID-19 symptoms, you should stay home and away from public places. Seek evaluation from your medical provider or contact Orlando Health Virtual Visit for on-demand care 24/7.